IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

Just noticed something kinda cool. I am registered with Nintendo.com and registered my Wii and linked it up with my Nintendo.com account. I did this to get the extra 3 months of warranty for the system.

What I noticed today while looking at my Nintendo.com profile, is that the VC games I downloaded to my Wii all show up in my registered games section now?! Including Golden Axe which I just downloaded last night. So the Wii is obviously talking and keeping track of your info for Nintendo. Not important really...but I thought it was kinda cool. Makes me wonder if they can add this a as feature to Wii games you buy? Or perhaps to Cube games in the future?

OK, so you CAN use a Gamecube controller for the VC games?

Yes.

Conversely, can you use a classic controller with the GameCube? Such as to play GameBoy games via the GameBoy Player? or is it a different plug (assuming it's not wireless)?

The games are locked to your console. Meaning you can't take them and play them on a different console, obviosily you can store them in different ways however.

I wonder what the upgrade path for that is, assuming the Wii is not the last piece of hardware to support Virtual Console...

okay we know you cant use the the classic controller on the gamecube itself ,but can you use it on gamecube mode on the wii?

im wondering because i want a classic controller ,but if i cant use it with the cube games on my wii as well then theres no point

No..the Wii in Cube mode..will only use the Cube ports.

In my opinion...there is really ZERO reason to buy the classic controller right now. It is said that the new Smash Bros for the Wii will use the classic controller. But I have also heard rumors that it too..will be able to use the cube controller as well.

Which really means...the new Smash Bros. is really just a Cube game being made exclusive to the Wii?

Have you confirmed that about the wii classic controller in gamecube mode because if so then i'm just better off sticking with my wavebird ,and my pelican retro controller ,and just buy a longer cable for it.

As far as SSBB i think if they really looking to it they could use the nunchuck combo. Heres how i think it could be done

flick nunchuck left to right to dodge

Z button to jump

C button to block

Hold A ,and slash/jab the wiimote for regular attacks

Hold B ,and slash/jab the wiimote for smash attacks.

Hold A & B together ,and swing out to grab a character

When standing over a weapon without holding a button flick the wiimote

flick it again while holding a weapon to throw it in whatever direction you are facing to discard it.

This way it changes the game from being a button masher ,and adding a lil bit of depth to the fighting system being able to mix left to right slashs ,and jabs of wii mote with holding between A ,or B to make some nice combos.

just my ideas...any way i thought a long time ago reggie said the classic controller would only be used for VC games ,and new VC games not retail games.

The next Smash Bros is online isn't it? Kind of eliminates the Cube-ness of it. Either one of two things will happen:

1-Nintendo will still have Cube controllers sitting and rotting on store shelves and warehouses that they make the game a Cube controller only game and sell out the controllers.

or

2-Nintendo clears out the remaining Cube controllers and is making a killing on the classic (Virtual) controller that they make the game a classic controller only game.

Right now, everything Wii is selling... even some of the less than stellar titles are starting to move. Only thing not moving are the Wii SD cards. Seems those are the shelf warmers this Christmas. :)

i dont think they will clear out the gamecube controllers considering wii is backwards compatiable ,and the classic controller doesn't control gamecube games. Theres gonna be alot of people buying back catalog cube games to build up their wii collections.

So the funny thing is, I bought Mario Bros. before I tied my Wii to the MyNintendo account I have, and I bought Super Star Soldier after. So on my list of registered games, SSS is there and not MB - not a surprise I guess but for all the things the Wii can do I thought it would have been intelligent enough to update MyNintendo on games I bought before the two were synced up. How do I get it to recognize Mario Bros. now after the fact?

Easy enough...in theory this might work.

Try erasing the mario bros channel from your Wii...

Then..go back to the Wii shopping channel and redownload it. It won't cost you..because you already bought it once before. But that might just make it appear in your profile of registered games on Nintendo.com profile.

Easy enough...in theory this might work.

Try erasing the mario bros channel from your Wii...

Then..go back to the Wii shopping channel and redownload it. It won't cost you..because you already bought it once before. But that might just make it appear in your profile of registered games on Nintendo.com profile.

Seems risky... but I'll give it a try. If I lose the game I hope you'll spot me the 500 points! ;)

EDIT: Nope, still not showing up even after I redownloaded it.

Edited by MegaManFan

No idea then. Obviously the Wii is tied to the MyNintendo accounts. But the VC games must not be tied directly. I really don't know. Linking up my Wii to my Nintendo.com account was the first thing I did once I got it online. Did the same thing to my DS as well.

I'm getting the vibe you're not digging the Wii much MMF?

Oh heck no old chum, nothing could be further from the truth. The Wii is TONS of fun - in fact I got over 200 on Wii Sports Bowling for the first time ever last night. I'll admit the remote takes getting used to though, especially since I don't necessarily have a steady hand at the best of times. I think it probably doesn't help that my basement has flood lights, so no matter how much I tweak the sensitivity I'm still going to get an extra infrared signal even if I dim the lights to the lowest possible level. I was a little annoyed with all the errand running in Zelda but I got over it; I'm a little annoyed that Mario Bros won't show up on MyNintendo as a purchased VC game but I'm over that now too. The Wii is a kick-ass system to me and don't think any different for a second. I'm waiting for some more TurboGrafx games to show up so I can download another title and I'm looking forward to the other internet "channels" coming online too, and once I get my component cable in the mail the video quality will no doubt go up dramatically as well. :D

The problem isn't the number of games being released on the VC here. It is the fact that we are getting the games that aren't really that classic. Sure the original NES Zelda, Genesis Sonic, and a few others are noteworthy. But comapred to what Japan already has, ( Zelda:LTTP, Castlevania 4, Super Mario World, Gunstar Heroes...etc...), we are getting shafted here in the US. However, I'm not surprised by this...and I don't think anyone really is.

These aren't games that were exclusive to Japan, so it doesn't make sense why these same games aren't also avail on the US VC downloads. Not to mention the fact that Japan pretty much already has 2x the amount of the VC games to choose from compared to us. Yet, they only just got the official Wii launch Saturday?!

However, we can't feel that bad. I heard that Australia and other countries will never have PC Engine/TG-16 games available because those systems were never officially released in those countries. In addition, the Europeans appear to be getting the same line up for VC games that we have, so the US isn't alone on VC games shaftedness...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

It would have been nice if Nintendo would have thrown some free points around, say 1000 points for buying a system at launch. Or I thought they might throw a free download of Zelda in for buying Twilight Princess. That would have been a nice touch.

Anyone download DK Jr.? I'm tempted, but I really don't remember it from the NES. Is the NES version any good? I had it for CV.

I have DK Jr for the NES (DK Classics) and GBA (via the card reader), and I assume the VC NES version is identical. I haven't played the coin-op in a while, so I'm not sure what details are missing, but as far as I can tell it's an excellent port.

I was hoping Nintendo would send out a free VC game for the holidays, like in Animal Crossing. That'd be pretty cool, though I'm not holding my breath. =)