IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

• 4 weeks later...

some recent finds. I've been looking for Rally for years, and this one is in great shape.

Then a sealed R-Time Cart!

I had a CIB of Super Zaxxon cartridge, but some asshole contacted the seller and stole it out from under the bidders.

The seller had no idea what it was worth and lost a ton. So if you know a dirtbag with a boxed Super Zaxxon cartridge, just getting it off eBay, tell them what an A$$ move.

post-27608-0-80114200-1486606835_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atari8bitCarts
  • Like 1

I had a CIB of Super Zaxxon cartridge, but some asshole contacted the seller and stole it out from under the bidders.

The seller had no idea what it was worth and lost a ton. So if you know a dirtbag with a boxed Super Zaxxon cartridge, just getting it off eBay, tell them what an A$$ move.

Found it, Zorro had a bid of $100, you bid $120, then he made a side deal and paid $300.

Don't think he/she has joined AA (the good one) yet...

Edited by AtariGeezer

Last week I bought my very first Atari 800 home computer and nine game cartridges (Asteroids, Centipede, Defender, Donkey Kong, Galaxian, Missile Command, Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and Star Raiders). I had a 2600 and Colecovision as a kid but this is already by far my favorite old system. I love the 70s styling; I've always wanted one.

When I first hooked it up I was afraid that I had gotten a dead system. The power light would come on but there was no picture, not even a flicker on the TV. I thought perhaps the RF cable might be shorted so I took it apart intending to swap it with the cable from my 2600 only to discover that the cable wasn't even plugged into the board inside. I don't know if it fell out or if a previous owner had forgotten to connect it but now it works perfectly. I still need to give it a good cleaning, there is a lot of dust in the keys, but I think it's in really good condition. I'm also very glad it survived the trip undamaged; the seller just shipped it in a big box with no padding. Yikes!

The RF picture was decent but a bit snowy, then I remembered I had an old busted Zenith ZKB-2 PC keyboard with a DIN-5 connector so I cut off its cable, got out my soldering iron, heat shrink tubing and some RCA connectors and wired up a composite cable (happily I can also use it for my TI-99/4a computer). The picture is crystal clear now but I'll probably buy an S-Video cable for it someday. Anyway that's my latest and greatest purchase, now I'm going to play some Donkey Kong. :)

post-7868-0-91963000-1487179277_thumb.jpg

post-7868-0-64058800-1487179284_thumb.jpg

post-7868-0-08925400-1487179640_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Happy with 3 I picked up tonite, he accepted my offer of $14 each and I save on shipping with a local pickup

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1623762574331?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162376257433&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1623963538841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162396353884&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1623762531521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162376253152&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nice score. There was a day not so long ago in which Nightstrike alone was worth $100 easily.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not on Ebay, but on Marktplaats, a Dutch auction site owned by Ebay:

A nice clean unmodified boxed 800XL with type 1 keyboard (great!) for 30 euros, a Philips CM8833 CRT monitor in exchange for some spring flowers (local pick-up).

And to check out the other side: a C128 with 1571.

Note PURELY Atari-related, but last weekend I bought a copy of Richard Mansfield's MACHINE LANGUAGE FOR BEGINNERS. I had this one as a kid and used it to teach myself 6502 assembler. Although PDFs of all these old books are readily available, it's still nice to hold a paper book sometimes, especially once that has particular meaning.

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Atari 65XE computer new in box. I didn't have one of these back in the day (had a 130XE) but couldn't justify getting the more expensive 130XE for use nowadays. Of course, I say that now but.... :)

Anyway, hoping to look at my old code and maybe play some games soon with it.

• Like 1

Just got my 1050 drive in the mail for my Atari 800. Still in the original box and it was a very nice box, until the guy mailed it. He didn't box it up or wrap it or anything, just stuck big mailing labels all over it and ruined it. Maybe I can get them off with the hair dryer trick. He also listed it as like new never used everything included. Turns out it was not only used but the cables and OS disk are missing and the manual has someone's name written on it. Times like these that I really hate buying stuff online. Oh well, at least the drive itself is in great condition. Just need to order the cables and stuff now even though I thought I already bought them with it. I just hope it actually works.

Edited by Banquo
  • Like 1

Just got my 1050 drive in the mail for my Atari 800. Still in the original box and it was a very nice box, until the guy mailed it. He didn't box it up or wrap it or anything, just stuck big mailing labels all over it and ruined it. Maybe I can get them off with the hair dryer trick. He also listed it as like new never used everything included. Turns out it was not only used but the cables and OS disk are missing and the manual has someone's name written on it. Times like these that I really hate buying stuff online. Oh well, at least the drive itself is in great condition. Just need to order the cables and stuff now even though I thought I already bought them with it. I just hope it actually works.

Ouch! Cannot believe the seller didn't box it. Especially if it was advertised as "w/box" which would be part of the price. Good luck to you in getting it working and all. Might want to talk with the seller to see if he can give you a partial refund or something.

Ouch! Cannot believe the seller didn't box it. Especially if it was advertised as "w/box" which would be part of the price. Good luck to you in getting it working and all. Might want to talk with the seller to see if he can give you a partial refund or something.

I know, I've never had anyone ship something like that before. I spent about an hour with a hair dryer and fortunately I was able to get the labels off without damaging it. I used a little Goo Gone on a cloth and was able to wipe off the remaining residue also, good thing the box has a glossy finish. I'm still disappointed that the SIO cable and the Atari DOS disk is missing, but on the plus side it had a few extra manuals in the box; one for the 810 disk drive and one for the 1030 modem. The drive is in great shape with no yellowing at all and no scratches on the chrome trim and it still has the shipping cardboard insert in it, so all in all not a bad deal (assuming it works of course). I'm pretty confident that it will though. :)

• Like 1

I bought an original Atari Basic Reference Manual. It was only $1 plus $5.95 shipping and handling and this thing looked brand new. Very little yellowing and no torn binder holes. I was shocked at the condition it was in. I also bought a Wico joystick. It was not in the best of shape. I may have to bite the bullet and buy one of the "new" ones out there. In fact, I'm just going to go do it!

-Todd

I bought an original Atari Basic Reference Manual. It was only $1 plus $5.95 shipping and handling and this thing looked brand new. Very little yellowing and no torn binder holes. I was shocked at the condition it was in. I also bought a Wico joystick. It was not in the best of shape. I may have to bite the bullet and buy one of the "new" ones out there. In fact, I'm just going to go do it!

-Todd

Nice. The Wico joysticks are really great, but I think my favorite is the Suncom TAC-2.

• Like 1

I know, I've never had anyone ship something like that before. I spent about an hour with a hair dryer and fortunately I was able to get the labels off without damaging it. I used a little Goo Gone on a cloth and was able to wipe off the remaining residue also, good thing the box has a glossy finish. I'm still disappointed that the SIO cable and the Atari DOS disk is missing, but on the plus side it had a few extra manuals in the box; one for the 810 disk drive and one for the 1030 modem. The drive is in great shape with no yellowing at all and no scratches on the chrome trim and it still has the shipping cardboard insert in it, so all in all not a bad deal (assuming it works of course). I'm pretty confident that it will though. :)

Cool that you were able to get the labels off. Goo Gone works wonders for me too. The most important part is that the drive itself seems to be in good cosmetic condition. Hopefully it works just as beautifully. I'm thinking about getting a 1050 myself but then again, I might just as well get an SIO2SD instead.

-Todd

I loved the Wico joystick I had back in the day. It was so solid and felt like the contacts inside were metal instead of plastic on the Atari controllers. I am tempted to buy one of those "new" Wico joysticks but at $54.99 plus shipping of $10 seems like a high price.