IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Retards need to be kicked off ebay.

With this level of packaging stupidity, I'm surprised the seller could even figure out how to close the box, let alone WRITE an address on it.

I'd go 100% negative on the feedback. Others need to know what a packaging moron this guy is. I never buy from any seller who has comments made about bad packaging.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 4

With this level of packaging stupidity, I'm surprised the seller could even figure out how to close the box, let alone WRITE an address on it.

I'd go 100% negative on the feedback. Others need to know what a packaging moron this guy is. I never buy from any seller who has comments made about bad packaging.

It would be nice if eBay included 'quality of packaging' as one of the individual zero-to-five star ratings one can leave for a seller.

• Like 4

Not sure. I bought the 800 version a while ago, scanned it and put it up on archive.org.

It would be great if you could scan it.

Allan

Sadly, I do not have access to a scanner. I might be willing to lend it to someone else to do the task, though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Retards need to be kicked off ebay.

That really sucks man. I had a GC compatible Wii shipped like this with all the accessories thrown in. That the console still worked is a testament to Nintendo craftmanship.

Things I have to ask sellers now:

1. Please pack and cushion well.

2. Does it or did it have corroding batteries in it?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since my last post:

Black Cased The Writers Tool (new to my collection) and a Spare H.E.R.O Cart

post-26874-0-82186900-1503527846_thumb.jpg

Utility cartridge from Nir Dary (new to my collection)

post-26874-0-04107700-1503527916_thumb.jpg

Ultima II only $20

post-26874-0-25212100-1503527866_thumb.jpg

Sio2SD with a blown surface mount IC. Seller forgot to mention the PSU on his 130 put out 6 volts :(

post-26874-0-72721900-1503528027_thumb.jpg

This brings my Cart Collection to 314 Individual carts and 301 Spare carts...

• Like 1

Lets see, 35 NIB, 32 CIB and the rest are loose with just a box or manual.

I know you have more than that :)

true :) but I'm stuck now.... And you have some really good ones.

I need some to complete the colection, and some aren't rare.... go figure.

I need Webster CIB

Beamrider CIB (which back in 2004 was selling every day cheap).

etc...

killing me...timing...

I've got a box of NOS 5-1/4" floppy disks coming to me as we speak. First floppy disks of any kind I've purchased since at least the early 00's, and the first 5-1/4" disks since 1986.

Well, those disks were marked as "Delivered" about 7:00 pm last Saturday night but never actually arrived. I complained to the USPS, have been in contact with two supervisors who expressed concern and even said they had ID'd where the incorrect delivery had been made, but as yet nothing has shown up. So I ordered ANOTHER box of disks which are en route. Unfortunately the seller is using "Media Mail" - jeez. Hope they actually show up in the next few weeks ...

Well, those disks were marked as "Delivered" about 7:00 pm last Saturday night but never actually arrived. I complained to the USPS, have been in contact with two supervisors who expressed concern and even said they had ID'd where the incorrect delivery had been made, but as yet nothing has shown up. So I ordered ANOTHER box of disks which are en route. Unfortunately the seller is using "Media Mail" - jeez. Hope they actually show up in the next few weeks ...

I got a ton I could 2-day USPS you a box if you PM me your address. (Although with Labor Day, it won't go out until Tuesday, but I could get it to the post office tonight or tomorrow, so it should go out first thing...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had kind of a mid-life crisis the past month or 6 weeks, and went a little bit crazy on Ebay. (I don't regret it though; having a bunch of Atari stuff around me always makes me feel good).

post-16281-0-19719400-1505097713_thumb.jpg

Atari 800. It looked good, and I'd like to one convert it/replace its guts/whatever to PAL so I can have a PAL Incognito-Eqipped Atari 800 for all the latest demos and software (which is likely PAL) will run on Old Beige. It's kind of a pipe dream of mine, anyway.....

post-16281-0-96193600-1505097721_thumb.jpg

Atari 800XL. Allegedly "open box new." Who knows, but it seems to be in looks, smell, appearance of the cords, etc. Just wanted another nice 800XL, and this one appears to have shipped with the 130XE power adapter instead of that faulty "ingot-shaped" one that most later 800XLs seemed to ship with. I kind of wish I could find a nice like-new-in-box early 800XL that shipped with the huge power supply and most-likely had some socketed componets, or one of that last ones that allegedly shipped with BASIC Revision C and whatever other alleged improvements they might of done in the latest units.

post-16281-0-08528800-1505097741_thumb.jpg

When I got my first Atari computer (400), it came with a 410 Cassette Recorder. It wasn't until later (seemed an eternity as a kid) I was able to finally afford a 1050 when they first came out. I was memorized with how it changed my Atari computer experience for the better. I guess I'm building a slow-paced collection of Atari compatible drives. Too bad there aren't that many nice Trak or Percom drives out there in great condition at reasonable prices, anymore.

post-16281-0-50038500-1505097763_thumb.jpg

These appeared to be the cheapest way to get a couple of SIO ports, at least at the time. Plus, while I don't trust myself to soldier on precious working Atari equipment, I do trust myself to desolder the SIO ports, and I can use the practice. I'll also get a chance to do a risk-free recon on the innards of the Sanyo-model (my favorite, Japanese quality, the one with the orange sticker) and maybe then muster up the courage to disassemble my other 1010 to put some new belts on it.

post-16281-0-79654600-1505097770_thumb.jpg

I thought I found a good deal on a new 7800 Ballblazer (to have someone make a homebrew out of, perhaps??) I remember these being considerably and universally cheaper than they are now. You have to keep watching for a "reasonably" priced one, and even B&C Computervisions has recently increased the price on new ones from $40 to $50.

post-16281-0-87571300-1505097779_thumb.jpg

.....and then I found an even better deal on a loose one. Looks like I'll be able to have my Ballblazer after all, and eat it, too!

• Like 5