IGNORED

ps3 at best buy

xavier michael

I would think though that having to make games that are 3-5 longer or more content-filled than before should drive the price of producing games up alot, which would be reflected in the price of the games. But still, I'm looking forward to the distant day when I am willing to pay the price for either the PS3 or the rumoured XBox 360 with HDMI and the HD DVD built in, and devs are using all the space available. Should be some kick-ass games by then.

And a lot of new games are too damn huge as it is! ......

No I do not live in Texas.

When the PS2 came out DVD was still relatively new. DVD did not really take off until recently. People are still high on DVD and are not ready for a newer more expensive format that does not have the obvious differences that DVD did to VHS.

When you can go out and buy a DVD player for like $20-$30 bucks and a DVD movie for $10-$20 cheaper than blu-ray. I think people are gonna go with the cheaper option. I mean the PS3 doesn't even come with high-def cables.

How much did the DVD player in the PS2 affect it's price anyways?

I was just at Fry's here in Austin and looks like Fry's finally abandoned the ridiculous PS3 $1,000 bundles they failed to sell during the holidays. They had a whole pallet of PS3's sitting on the floor, next to a pallet of 360's. They also had a demo PS3 out (not in a kiosk, just a standalone PS3 they hooked up to a TV) running Need for Speed Carbon. Which I must say, did not look that impressive. There were more boxed PS3's sitting under the TV.

Sadly no Wii's or Wii accessories. :(

..Al