IGNORED

Anyone download Sony's christmas present today?

CPUWIZ

for the amount that system costs it better be the whole game.

Now I'm thinking this was the game that was discused awhile back where you start out with the bare bones and have to purchase the content, like more cars and tracks. Some folks were totally against it...but I dunno, it could work, especially if they give you the starter. I guess it pretty much is the same thing as MS is doing...giving you a demo to try before you buy. I'm definately for that.

A demo disguised as an Xmas present. :cool:

Thanks for that link. So basically if I'm reading right the game has been scrapped as it was. At least they made the initial material available for free, altho honestly I dunno why they would ever charge someone for what amounts to a demo. They probably could have made some nice $$$ just giving the 1 track away and then letting people have the option of buying as many cars and additional tracks as they wanted. Must have caught some major flack for this one. The article on Dec 1 starts with : "Work on controversial PlayStation 3 title Gran Turismo HD" Not sure why people wouldn't buy into this though. I guess folks are afraid they will be forced to buy content.

In any case, if a demo of a game is a Christmas Present, I hope Sony makes up other present giving holidays every month for it's customers.