Jump to content
  • entries
  • comments
  • views

AdvII XE - Castle screen fix



It always irks me when I see the out-of-place tile on the original 5200 Adventure II - on the first castle at the top. I finally fixed it, for the XE version.


As you can see, Sir Square is almost dead in this picture. He's got a big bite taken out of him and the dragon is about to complete his meal.

This was the first time I have recompiled and recompressed an Adventure II screen since I got a Windows 64-bit laptop, running win8.1 It's a lot more hassle now. I have to use DosBox to run the Antic4 utility and bin2inc utility (both by Jeffry Johnston) because they don't run natively in win8.1's CMD: prompt.

But TASM and PUCRUNCH do run in CMD: prompt - DosBox can't seem to run TASM. It's old, I know. But that's what we started using for compile AdvII code and I just stick with that for AdvII XE.


  • Like 1


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...