I've been playing through the games and I'm up to R so the end is in sight! 77 games on the "perfect - include" list so far. So now I need to start thinking about what comes next.
- Double check the games which didn't quite make the cut, in particular any "top 100" entries.
- For each of the games to be included, check to see if there's a child rom which should be used instead.
- Create merged sets for the child roms.
- Remove all of the roms, config files, etc for games which aren't included.
My idea for a front end theme is a vertical list of marquees with a game snapshot or attract-mode video for the selected game. I should be able to do this in AttractMode.
- Migrate from Emulation Station to AttractMode
- Create & debug the theme
- Create / obtain resources for the theme
The final step will be to create the actual cabinet. The woodworking shouldn't be a problem (measure twice, think, measure again, then cut), but for the control panel I want to top it with a sheet of acrylic (Plexiglass) or polycarbonate (Lexan). And while it is possible to drill through hard plastic, care must be taken or it will crack. The tool of choice is a router with a flush trim bit (need to buy one). In addition to the holes, I also want to bend the sheet over the front. Again, possible in theory, but this is something I've never attempted before.
I also need to get the artwork for the control panel created and printed.