IGNORED

new (pre)release

kenfused

Notes:

Crashes when it gets ready to go to demo. If you're good with a debugger let me know what is

crashing it.

High score is lost on reset. Ok, so that is true for most of my conversions but I am trying

to make it so it doesnt here (note it is normal for the game to not show the high score until

the demo or you start a new game though).

Pressing # does whatever select (or maybe option) does on the original 8-bit version, it

will display a little S like character in the bottom display. Anyone know what it's function it. (attachment removed, download version farther down in the thread)

It didn't crash on Jum52.  I can't figure out the controls, though.  Was this a paddle or trakball game originally?
Joystick. Just up, down, left, right. And fire to shoot. So the demo when it is left set for a minute or two runs ok on that emulator?

It stays up without crashing, but the up, down, left, right, fire buttons do not function correctly in Jum52.

Hey Ken, are you still working on finishing fixing your previous releases?

I was just testing them out last week and several of them had control problems and a few kept crashing.

Mitch

I haven't had any luck with the last release yet. Which games are giving control problems or crashing? If there are any left that crash a short while after being in attract (color shifting) mode let me know since that can be fixed. It would only effet games release on or after Preppie and before which ever game I fixed the problem in.

Hey Ken, are you still working on finishing fixing your previous releases?

I was just testing them out last week and several of them had control problems and a few kept crashing.

Mitch

I haven't had any luck with the last release yet. Which games are giving control problems or crashing? If there are any left that crash a short while after being in attract (color shifting) mode let me know since that can be fixed. It would only effet games release on or after Preppie and before which ever game I fixed the problem in.

Well let's see. I don't have a 5200 hooked up at the moment but going from memory; Tapper had pretty sensitive controls, I would often go past the bar I wanted because of it. Archon has major issues with the second controller. On the multigame menu I was unable to select the first two games. Jumpman Jr had very sensitive controls and it seems like that it crashed on me a few times as well. I think that Boulder Dash crashed a few times as well but I'm not 100% sure. I think the others were OK but I'm going on memory so I probably should double check on that.

Mitch

• 4 weeks later...
Another pre-release

Up N' Down since someone (or more than one person) has requested it a couple of times.  Not the best looking game I have ever seen though.

That works well in my JUM52 emulator, although I agree with you about the game not being that great. It's far from a favorite of mine.

Now if only we can get Kenfused to convert us some Pinball to the 5200...

...since it's such a tragedy that there are no pinball games for the 5200....

I haven't seen a pinball game that seems easily converted yet. How many are there besides Pinball Contruction Set based boards, Midnight Magic (available on 8-bits) and Night Mission?

I hate to be picky, but the two submitted pinball games here are from Pinball Construction Set, right? If there was any possible way, I'd love to submit a couple my brother made back in the early 90's with the same program. There was a lot more to the design, especially compared to the second one submitted. Of course, these really didn't follow the traditional layout of real pinball machines...we did a lot with changing gravity, secret areas, etc. Still lots of fun, though.

If anyone would be willing to convert these, I could send you a disk with the games on it. I can probably only do this once, though, as my blank diskettes are severely limited... PM me if interested.