IGNORED

Tapper - how do you pick 2 player, or advanced?

nems

:?:

I'm trying to play Tapper (as converted by kenfused) on the USB multicart. However, the * and # keys do not allow me to change from 1 player to 2 player, nor change from beginner to advanced. Does this work for anyone else? If not, is there a later refined ROM with these options working?

Edited by nems

:?:

I'm trying to play Tapper (as converted by kenfused) on the USB multicart. However, the * and # keys do not allow me to change from 1 player to 2 player, nor change from beginner to advanced. Does this work for anyone else? If not, is there a later refined ROM with these options working?

Hmmm. changed a byte. See if this makes a difference.

edit: corrected version attached in later post.

Edited by kenfused

kenfused thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately still no difference. The # and * do not respond when running Tapper on a real 5200 (I tested on two different 5200's).

I also double checked that my # and * keys are working per Pete's Test cart, so it does not appear to be a user (i.e. controller) error on my part.

However, when running Tapper in emulation (Atari800Win PLus 4.0) both keys do work.

:?

Edited by nems

kenfused thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately still no difference. The # and * do not respond when running Tapper on a real 5200 (I tested on two different 5200's).

I also double checked that my # and * keys are working per Pete's Test cart, so it does not appear to be a user (i.e. controller) error on my part.

However, when running Tapper in emulation (Atari800Win PLus 4.0) both keys do work.

:?

changed the wrong byte, one more try. Unfornately I don't have the real thing hooked up at the moment

tapper.bin

Edited by kenfused

The * and # keys now work when running Tapper on a real 5200!!!

:) :thumbsup:

kenfused you are the greatest. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help!

That game so needs to be redone though. It just looks so ugly. Vertically separated objects is something the system excels at, I think they could have added a little or possibly a lot more color.

That game so needs to be redone though. It just looks so ugly. Vertically separated objects is something the system excels at, I think they could have added a little or possibly a lot more color.

Perhaps you should do it.... on the 7800. :)

Mitch

Mitch

Just tell me the patterns to how the customers come out. I know some levels can be cleared quick or take forever just because you get out of timing and they keep generating.

Mitch

Perhaps you should do it.... on the 5200. :twisted: