Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2,083 Excellent

About ggn

  • Rank

Contact / Social Media

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Athens, Greece
  • Interests
    Comics, Coding
  • Currently Playing
    Some minor stuff in between breaks from Turbo Assembler
  • Playing Next
    What I'll code :)

Recent Profile Visitors

21,203 profile views
  1. Are these 10 boards spoken for or can I claim one? (product quality notwithstanding, at this point any excuse to see Panos in real life is good for me :))
  2. Also, you could set up a hosting space of your own and have all files there for download...
  3. Sadly that's what happens when you include gcc in your project, it balloons in size! I really tried to put in the bare essentials for gcc to work, but even that file set isn't small (also, cc1.exe and cc1plus.exe are probably the same file but they both have to be present)
  4. Hmm, that indeed sounds tight. I suppose you could try compressing all .exe files using UPX or similar but I fear it won't make much difference. In any case, your efforts are appreciated!
  5. Hi, rb+ actually bundles many components, most of them are Windows only, some aren't: - rmac/rln: Can be compiled for Win/Mac/Linux without problems - gcc 4.6.4: Can be compiled for Win/Mac/Linux without problems - Assets converter/ROM builder: Those are GFA BASIC 32 programs, but can be compiled using X11-Basic without many problems (hopefully!) - BCX (BASIC to C translator): IIRC this one has many built-in Windows dependencies so I haven't looked that much about cross compiling - Build script: That's a Windows batch file, it can certainly be converted to bash or whatever else, just never felt inclined to do that - Virtual Jaguar: Native versions exist for Windows, OSX and Linux So in the end (and judging from the rather small user base) I decided against making the system run natively on the 3 major O/Ses. I have tried wineconsole on Linux and OSX and they seemed to be able to build everything properly. You can easily replace Virtual Jaguar with a native version, but I'm not sure there's much to be gained from making the rest run natively (apart from build speed, but even that gets considerably better after the first run).
  6. Hi Al, Great stuff with the forum update - I've done that in the past (with other forum software) and it's no picnic! I'm also interested in that hide sidebar functionality so I looked around for a bit and found https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8525-toggle-showhide-sidebar-widgets/. I don't know what version of the forum software AA is running but hopefully perhaps this helps.
  7. Hi, I'm not sure how much work it will be but I'm gracious you'll look into it. Good luck . Let me know if you have questions (I'm guessing you will!) Oh, and everything in rb+ works on Windows and I have personally tested the system end to end on linux and osx using wine/wineconsole. So it should be fine!
  8. Or just use a modern build system like fastbuild and put the old 70s junk unix tools where they belong: the recycle bin
  9. No problem, as long as it helps people I'm good
  10. Here's one I prepared earlier. Quick instructions: 1. Unpack zip wherever you want (hopefully!) 2. Open turban.w10\npp.7.7 and execute notepad++.exe 3. Open turban.w10\testproject1\sample-2.tur or turban.w10\testproject2\sample-3.tur 4. Press F7. A dialog will pop up, just press ok. The program will compile and altirra will execute. A few notes about the package: - I used Altirra 64bit version. If you have a 32bit version of windows then replace with that version. - Prior to executing turban, F7 will also auto save your source so it will compile the most current version - While compiling, a pop up window at the bottom of the screen will show the build progress so you can see any errors. (you can set up the plugin to highlight errors and possibly jump on them by double click, but I did not set this up) - Hopefully authors of the software I bundled inside that zip won't get pissed off! If they do, I'll simply remove the zip altogether. - The package was hacked in a hurry but then I might have some prior experience . - Something not working or you need help? Let me know. Hope this helps
  11. You could use a large object for the static background and move it around as usual, and an animated object that follows the movement of the big object. So for example say that the background starts at x=0,y=0 and the animated object starts at x=150,y=100. This is without any movement, just place the 2 objects and they'll look ok. Say you keep an increasing counter starting at 0, c=c+1 per frame. The background's x position then will be x1=c and the animated object's will be at x2=150+c. I hope you get the general idea...
  12. Thread cleaned up. Thank you for your interest in Barbarian!
  13. First of all, rln's only job is to combine object files together and perform any fixups needed. From what I remember it contains 0 jaguar specific code apart from the output formats (but then again COFF is a fairly common format). As for your question, my guess would be that writing anything between the 2 and 8 megabyte space is simply ignored. You won't get a bus error or anything, so you can knock yourself out writing or reading to that address space but you'll either get garbage or some fixed pattern (zero I'd say). A way to check would be something like cj suggests, set up an object that is displayed per frame in ram and start filling addresses $200000+object's data address. So if you object's graphics data start at $6000, go for $206000.
  • Create New...