Jump to content


+AtariAge Subscriber
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Gemintronic last won the day on May 10 2014

Gemintronic had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4,712 Excellent


About Gemintronic

Contact / Social Media

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Interests
    Gemintronic develops, manufactures and publishes games for retro systems.

Recent Profile Visitors

42,947 profile views
  1. It's been awhile. Not sure where my adapter went. I used a playstation to genesis adapter from Tototek. I've also tried one of those Seagull 78 adapters in the mix. Only original playstation joysticks work. Only tried the D-pad. Went back to genesis joysticks as they always seem to be around the office no matter how clean or messy things get
  2. I recently found there's a limit of 50 defines (a.k.a. "def colp0p5=colflags{0}") in bB. I'm making a game with 5 virtual sprites and using boolean values to determine movement and other attributes. Not to mention flags for room attributes and game settings. Not complaining. Just thought R.T. might (or might not) want to update the reference for the def text.
  3. Sounds like the OP might be leaving for getting annoyed with Facebook users and/or moderators. I've learned that Facebork is NOT a place for discussion (even with friends and family). However, it is the one platform business and casual acquaintances are almost guaranteed to have. You can keep it for messaging and disavow it for discussion.
  4. I think up as FIRE feels better than up as jump. Thank you for the new, unique game Is there a place to read up on new techniques and mitigating quirks you found while making this?
  5. I just tried the instructions today on a fully updated WIn 10 Pro x64. This includes rB+, CMDer and Notepad++ (x86) install. Adding the rB+ syntax highlighter and NppExec with build script (directly from Notepad++). "success" was measured by creating a new project under CMDer and modifying the main .bas file. Selecting the rB+ syntax highlighting. Running the build script from Notepad++ and watching the compiled ROM play via virtual jaguar. The assumptions of things to do during the process were: * Run Notepad++ installer as admin * Add the C:\rB+ and C:\bin (location of CMDer) path to the environment * Uncheck read only on C:\rB+ folder * Grant Everyone full rights to C:\rB+ folder * Run CMDer as admin I don't need a cookie. Just adding another data point to the tutorials track record.
  6. In order to bring this one step closer to being the go to solution for every all Atari console I found these resources for rB+ (Jaguar) Build system integration from Christo: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262800-rb-tutorial-1-setting-up-and-configuring-rb-from-scratch/page-1?do=findComment&comment=3955861 Syntax highlighting for Notepad++ (hopefully useful to pull keywords out) http://atariage.com/forums/topic/262800-rb-tutorial-1-setting-up-and-configuring-rb-from-scratch/page-1?do=findComment&comment=3709165 Hopefully these links will provide some advantage if you ever consider adding rB+ BASIC
  7. It might be worth it to figure out a technique that determines which screen var the player is sitting on for a non 0 value. If it is greater than 0 do a pfread. But, this is all theory and probably easier said than done
  8. I did a forum search and didn't come up with much. Are there language definition files for Visual Studio Code integration? Besides my own use I figure such a thing would be useful for the guy making an Atari console plugin: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/290365-atari-dev-studio-for-homebrew-development/ If he could assimilate the stand alone rB+ language definition file it could be an all inclusive solution for Visual IDE addic... beginners! Thank you in advance for any clues. UPDATE: Probably gonna end up ripping the keywords from the Notepad++ syntax highlight definition file and creating a similar config file for Visual Studio Code. In the meantime I forwarded the relevant files and posts to the guy making Atari Dev Studio.
  9. The main issue I've had is using too much CPU time with the pfread command to check for projectile <-> player collisions. At times I've gone over cycle with just 4 pfread commands in one game loop. Probably can mitigate this by checking only every other frame or more.
  10. It's a little less at Flashback Ltd. Plus, you get a discount if you use the code: gemintronic https://www.flashbackltd.com/collections/genesis/products/hdtv-cable-compatible-with-genesis-hyperkin?aff=12 Supposedly I get a kickback at some point to buy me a coffee. Which is necessary when making Atari 2600 games (or dealing with soft collision on the Genesis).
  11. Probably the best version to get is the Airwalk Studios version with their own branding on it. I'd love to see more games from these guys (and a possible Genesis Game Maker). http://www.second-dimension.com/shop/product/25
  12. I think people are combining the possible worst case scenarios including: * NES ports substituted for arcade versions * Poor quality emulation * No updates for said emulation issues * Build quality I myself have experienced one or two of these issues but still buy AtGames products. Mainly supporting them when they put out products you can add your ROMs to (or have a cart slot.)
  13. I kept my JagCD as a substitute for your wondrous new device. I bet people interested in homebrew dev are doing the same. So, needless to say, not a high priority for me
  14. I hope this release goes well WAVE 1 GAMES. A lot of good feedback here. I will use it in my own games for sure.
  15. BennuGD has its own forum with an English speaking section: http://forum.bennugd.org/ I'd love to hear about your progress with this
  • Create New...