Jump to content

_The Doctor__

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


_The Doctor__ last won the day on September 23 2018

_The Doctor__ had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

4,044 Excellent


About _The Doctor__

  • Rank
    Flux Capacitor Master Craftsman

Contact / Social Media

Profile Information

  • Custom Status
    Sometimes you WIN!
  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Family,Friends, Food, Bit blasting, tinkerer of time
  • Currently Playing
    AtariBlast!, Dungeon Hunt, Space Harrier
  • Playing Next
    Solder Jockey

Recent Profile Visitors

18,117 profile views
  1. off the top of head.. 1N5819 , or one of the bat50/85's etc. it really is the way to go... tested and suggested these and a couple others... always the better choice where SIO is concerned... if I remember anything else I may post it or if someone wants to dig up more about it... that would be cool
  2. don't like the diode choice, which has been covered quite a bit lately.... the reason being the number of sio devices these days and some of the new mother boards as well. Check it out. I know we can sub whatever we want... but it's sure to lead to a couple of those why isn't this working with this or that threads...
  3. Yes the topic is fairly well covered, being a part of those conversations can make the brain hurt... I modified my XL's to shift more towards the XE for Jingle disk... looks much better that way. I think I even pointed out a capacitor involved at some point in time.
  4. if your hardware, whether it be old NTSC or next gen NTSC is calibrated and is matched to your television or monitor, it will always be the same color unless there is a power supply replacement or degradation involved. Drift from a signal transmitted from 150 miles away doesn't exist in this setting. If you have an issue where the color are never the same twice... you have issues in your television or broadcast station. It's great that people like the artsy fartsy acronym association- but it has little to do with the reality of closed circuit NTSC. PAL had a myriad of problems in it's first couple incarnations. Folks really need to read about all of this... rather than latching on to such things.
  5. https://sites.google.com/site/ataripal/ataritranslator I did a quick search for the XL-Fix OS and this is all I found, which is sad because there used to be many sites with all of these upgrades laid out in great detail....
  6. okay, looks like BillC can see the whole thing... the new pictures show the hole for the switch was in the middle between the rf modulator and the monitor jack... and yes sadly something is missing...
  7. I can't see all his stuff either, but I do recognize what I believe to to an old runner or XL fix OS with a switch to go between standard OS and Translator OS... it should come up as a Grey screen or memopad or standard Atari basic depending on installation and switching... in addition to that I see what I believe to be a memory upgrade... Logical failure points being bad memory, bad switch wiring, or failing eprom... so a clean and re-seat, followed by verification of installation and a test of ram, and eprom os seems the path to take.
  8. You've got a memory upgrade and an OS upgrade... looks like a switch is missing... check the ram and re attach the switch... might be good to make sure nothing is jamming up the cartridge port either, sometimes you find the weirdest stuff in a cartridge slot.
  9. Fact is J T plus the loss of tetris = hurt the Lynx... his idea of making it bigger so people would think it was worth more money sucked as well, it is way more convenient to be able to lug your hand held gaming gear in a large pocket... end of story. The Lynx was the best hand held at the time ruined by marketing and JT plus poor lawyers... as usual... the screen could have easily stayed the same size with the rest of the hand held reorganized to fit in a large pocket. What can you say...
  10. lmfao what an idiot, the 400 is a full computer with a real operating system light years ahead of the VIC... and can be expanded well beyond whatever hot mess I've seen done to or with a VIC over all these years... I thinks we gots a troll here...
  11. Looks to be more on the way. Really wish I could have made it to VCF. It just wasn't in the cards. I appreciated that. It's uplifting to see what I think was a more interesting time in computing with all manner of people working and making so many wonderful and creative contributions in both hardware and software. Of course the Atari version was better :) you know I had to!
  12. Don't know how I missed the big pictures of the cartridge... but I can verify this is the correct final version of Rockball. I personally would like to thank Dutchman for his offers to help get disks/carts/and other parts out. (for myself and others) I had lost the fire to keep at this as failed drives, cards, keyboards have made it a real PITA. If I can't get back on track I know who to send the rest of it to.
  13. if the speedy started flaking out, did you start taking measurements at that point? sounds like somethings warming up and being silly, since you swapped as you did... support circuits are in play... if voltages are all safe during flake out, ice cold upside down aero duster could help you cool down the offending component... things will start to work better again... then you have the problem child's play room isolated.
  14. true, and there were a handful of games written in action as well... seems a logical first choice.
  15. half a finger is never a good contact situation, a full two fingers ensures the least resistance and capacitance, providing full drive and flow. I'd work on flexing that other finger back into shape, it'll provide a much happier connection, ensuring many more insertions with the most number of varied attachment successes. 😮
  • Create New...