Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Sprybug last won the day on February 16

Sprybug had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

625 Excellent

1 Follower

About Sprybug

  • Rank
  • Birthday 08/01/1976

Contact / Social Media

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Magog, QC Canada
  • Interests
    Professional Character Animator

Recent Profile Visitors

17,172 profile views
  1. Hey everyone. Time for a big update on Robot Zed! All the levels have been made, all the enemies have been programmed and most of the power ups have been implemented. I'm still working on the boss battles. Then after that, I need to go back and do a lot of debugging work. Around that point I'm going to need some beta testers, but not quite yet! The past 3 or 4 months, I've been writing and programming all the music for each level. All the songs are original. Some of the songs, were songs I wrote over 20 years ago and decided to put them to use in the game. To work on the Atari, I had to slim them down significantly, but I think I made them work for the most part. There are 9 songs & levels in total. Press the joystick up or down to advance to cycle to the next level soundtrack. The title of each level will show on the screen so you know which one you are listening to. Enjoy! Zed_Music.bas.bin
  2. Oh, since this is the Robot Zed update thread, thought I would say that Robo City now has a finished musical soundtrack and the level designs are finished and implemented along with a new flying enemy. Testing is underway ATM on the level and there are plenty of bugs I am working out.
  3. Thanks RT. I wanted to use AtariVox for both it's saving/loading and speech abilities. I mainly just wanted the load and save feature, but the robotic speech was just a nice bonus for my game since it fits in perfectly with the theme.
  4. Thanks RT. I wanted to use AtariVox for both it's saving/loading and speech abilities. I mainly just wanted the load and save feature, but the robotic speech was just a nice bonus for my game since it fits in perfectly with the theme.
  5. I'm not sure what the permission difference would be, since I just put a different version in place of the newer one. What is AV BTW? The only definition I know of AV is Audio/Video. I've been using v38 all this time anyway on my laptop so it should be sufficient enough. What's the difference between 38 and 40 BTW?
  6. Hey Rev, I might have something for you to check out. On a whim, I gave something a try. I was using v38 of your 2600basic program on my laptop. Was trying v40 on my desktop. So I renamed the folder on my desktop to bB.1.1d.reveng40_OLD, copied v38 from my laptop to my desktop. Then I renamed that folder from bB.1.1d.reveng38 to bB.1.1d.reveng40 (because the variables and path were already set to it.) AAANNNDD It worked. There's something with v40 that's causing it not to compile.
  7. Thanks! Trying hard to get it out of WIP, this year. If you've been looking at the Batari BASIC forum, you can see I'm currently trying to get Visual bB to work on my desktop! GRRRRRRR
  8. Oh wait! I put in the name of the BAS to do after the bat and it worked....buuuuut.... It's just sitting there waiting for me to enter something like it has before.
  9. Well, it was set for sure Here's me trying And there it is!
  10. Okay, so in command it will run 2600basic.exe from any directory, but will NOT run 2600bas.bat from any directory. Checked the PATH in command, and c:\Atari2600\bB.1.1d.reveng40 is in there.
  11. Yep. Ran it. It permanently set the path. I rebooted the whole computer. Now instead of giving me a 0K file, it just doesn't even output a file and actually deleted the bin. XD Same results in the messages. At least now, when I try to compile a version of the game I know that has compiler problems, it at least tells me now, but it still won't compile a known working version. I'm about to give up and go back to my laptop.
  12. You can't do it like that because the dos exe (and bat) path isn't set for that directory. It won't find 2600bas. I ran it in the directory it's in, and put in the directory path and file of the bas after as a parameter to pass to the program. (in the C:\Atari2600\bB.1.1d.reveng40 directory ) 2600bas c:\atari2600\Zed_Final\RobotZed_15.bas And what I described is what it does. Says game and waits for me to do something. I reran the wizard in Visual bB again just to make sure it was all configured correctly, restarted, and still the same results. Here's what the message window shows when Visual bB starts:
  13. I tried going into command. Running atari2600.exe with the correct path and file to the .bas but then it just shows the name of the program, then shows "game" and then waits for me to do something. I've never tried to run it from the command prompt before so I have no idea what's going on.
  14. Yeah, setting 2600basic.exe as run as administrator and running Visual bB as administrator doesn't change anything.
  • Create New...