Jump to content


+AtariAge Subscriber
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

864 Excellent

About Airshack

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Phoenix, AZ
  • Interests
    TI-99/4A, Atari 800XL, Commodore 64, Intellivision, Odyssey2, Colecovision, basically retro computing and gaming is why I'm on AtariAge.
  • Currently Playing
    SCRAA on the TI-99/4A
  • Playing Next
    T.I. Munchkin on the TI-99/4A

Recent Profile Visitors

13,719 profile views
  1. Dan, The remedy to this problem is to cut the controllers free from the cables and toss them into the trash. The cables may be used for future controller projects.
  2. Wifi modem for nanoPEB https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202907265406
  3. MBX for sale! https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372957280985 Super nice looking unit with baseball overlay.
  4. I believe this thread is most excellent. ^^^^^ Many of the books of the era contain boring presentations of the subject with outdated/mind-numbing programming examples. Some argue the texts from the early 80s actually promote bad techniques. Obviously, these texts lack any and all of the lessons learned by programmers over the past 40 years. This thread is interactive with many AtariAgers participating in the transfer of knowledge. Do yourself a favor and join the Assembly on the 99/4A thread. You'll be impressed by the information you'll find by reading what's been discussed so far.
  5. Feeling slightly better about my HELOCOPTER RESCUE titled game from 1980/81. 😁
  6. I learned more from owning my TI-99/4 in part because I didn't have boxes full of software for the machine. My follow-on Apple ][+ was basically an awesome game machine and word processor for school. The Commodre 64 was a game machine with a keyboard as well. That's what many people wanted back then. I believe the TI-99/4A game library was relatively insufficient and even more expensive (pre-liquidation) in comparison to the others where software piracy was far more common and accessible. My Apple Pirate Club had so much gaming software we created a situation where there was little time to program the machine. With so many incredible "free" games...we simply had reduced desire to program the damn thing. Why? Fire up Karateka! My TI has always been more of a content creation platform vs a content consumption machine. That's probably what keep me coming back. The system is uniquely powerful (for the era) and especially interesting to study and program. That's enough for me.
  7. Sign-up Begins 31 March 2020 Robert Woodhead of Sir-Tech Software, well-known as the co-creator of the Wizardry series of computer role-playing games, will join us as the keynote speaker. Read more about Mr. Woodhead at Robert Woodhead to deliver keynote Posted Wed, Feb. 12th 2020 in News Trebor the Mad Overlord (Robert Woodhead) KansasFest 2020, the 32nd annual Apple II convention, is scheduled for July 21–26 in Kansas City, Missouri. Robert Woodhead of Sir-Tech Software, well-known as the co-creator of the Wizardry series of computer role-playing games, will join us as the keynote speaker. At an early age, Robert Woodhead, aka Trebor the Mad Overlord, was consumed by two passions; computer programming and not having to have a real job. He first achieved this by writing computer games for Sir-Tech Software, most notoriously co-authoring the first four Wizardry CRPGs, first for the Apple ][, and later for other, lesser computers. In 1989, deciding that this wasn’t nerdy enough, he founded the oldest surviving anime releasing company, AnimEigo. Other things he’s done include: writing one of the first MMO bots, building a 2-time National Champion Combat Robot, serving 4 terms on the EVE OnlineCouncil of Stellar Management, and not being “liquidated” by his wife. Yet. KansasFest is an annual convention offering Apple II users and retrocomputing enthusiasts the opportunity to engage in beginner and technical sessions, programming contests, exhibition halls, and camaraderie. KansasFest was originally hosted by Resource Central and has been brought to you by the KFest committee since 1995. Any and all Apple II users, fans, and friends are invited to attend this year’s event. Registration details will be announced on the KansasFest Web site, and registration will open on March 31. For photos, videos, and presentations from past KansasFests: https://www.kansasfest.org/2020/02/robert-woodhead-keynote/. While you wait, I suggest enjoying videos from past KansasFests: https://www.youtube.com/user/KansasFest
  8. Last week I received both the Aquaricart and 32k RAM modules from @jaybird3rd. Thank you Jay for excellent packing and swift shipping. Everything arrived in working order. 100% customer satisfaction!
  9. Haha you offered $80 on a $999.95 listing? The best way to point out an absurd asking price is to make an absurd offer.
  10. I'd really like to know the answer with certainty. Does this settle matters? Curious as to why this ends the debate?
  11. I made this same mistake while converting Sega Genesis controllers into controllers for Tomy Tutor.
  12. I have created software library using. Wav files and recording them to cassette. I love using physical tapes when using the Aquarius I am interested in just how this .wav to cassette process was accomplished: the tape deck, volume and tone settings, a link to the wav files, etc. Very cool! Please share what you’ve learned.
  13. Genius scan will allow you to quickly scan a document to a single monochrome pdf. Much better than hundreds of photos. Probably less quality than a flatbed scanner. It's worth a look. You can probably knock out a 200 page document in twenty minutes.
  • Create New...