Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'github'.
Found 3 results
The batari Basic programming language now has a new home at github. I discussed this change with @batari prior to making this move. We both felt it was important to give bB an official home again. At github batari basic gets backed up, changes are tracked, bugs are tracked, other programmers can easily contribute, it can be forked easily, etc. batari even suggested we go a step further and license the bB source code under the GPL, so we did! (your games are still your games, and the GPL doesn't attach to them) For the latest batari Basic (v1.2 at the time of this writing) you can visit the batari Basic release page. The page where I hosted the now-defunct "reveng" fork now points to that release page. A special thanks goes out to @Karl G who helped with OS X testing, and to @Nathan Strum who provided a monochrome version of his "built with bB" logo, which was used for the project logo. Feel free to comment or ask questions about this change. If you have bug reports, I'd ask that they be submitted to either github or the AA bB bug report thread, and not brought up in this thread. I'd prefer github issues be used (since everything is tracked, conversations about bugs are threaded, etc) but I completely understand that not everybody wants to have a github account. Lastly, 7800basic will be getting the same treatment. I just need a break, as the cleanup and prep for the bB move took more effort than expected.
Hey guys, I've been deciding to give CC65 a work-out, and figure out exactly what it can and can't do. To this end, I'm writing a BBS. One that isn't a pasta-fied mess of Atari BASIC or OSS BASIC XE; that runs atop SpartaDOS X, and can thus utilize setups like the Ultimate1MB, the SIDE interface, etc. I am starting out small, right now doing all the menial tasks of writing the logger, wrappers for the serial routines, fleshing out the configuration structures (one byte at a time, lots of bit field packing), but hopefully this can grow into something useful. Why CC65, and why not something like ACTION!? Well, I wanted to use a modern language, with structs (with the ability to have pointers to structs), and all of the niceties of a decent C implementation, while having a linker that could output a _very_ flexible binary structure. This is being developed on disk, but it could potentially end up as a very large banked cartridge, when it's all said and done, who knows? I wanted the leg room... ...also the libraries for serial communication and extended memory addressing are pretty well defined, well enough to be able to write something like a BBS package, so who knows where this would go? Does it have a name? Not yet. When it comes to me, i'll name it, until then, I code. What features will it have? Who knows, I am writing this, one piece at a time, just seeing what's possible. I am pushing code to github for it, here: https://github.com/tschak909/ataribbs . o O (even my bits of mental cucumber, palette cleansers to distract from long running big projects, are in an of themselves, big...Am I insane? Only my cats know for sure.) -Thom
Due to popular demand, Stella has moved off of Sourceforge and to Github. The new address is https://stella-emu.github.io. There's a link at the old website that points to this, but all Sourceforge related stuff will be removed in approx. 3 months. Many people have been experiencing issues with Sourceforge, so hopefully this will fix the issues. If you visit other websites that mention Stella, please consider asking them to update their links. For developers, we've moved from using Subversion to Git. The new Stella webpage includes updated instructions on how to checkout with Git. If you're not familiar with Git, now is the time to learn The developer page is at https://github.com/stella-emu/stella. Finally, we're in the middle of releasing test builds for the upcoming 5.0 release. These can be checked out at https://github.com/stella-emu/stella/releases. Let me know if there are any issues. Since Stella has used Sourceforge for almost 15 years, it's possible I missed something in the changeover (but hopefully not). EDIT: Github also has a very nice facility for reporting bugs (called issues), and tracking the progress of fixing these issues. There was a similar feature on Sourceforge, but it was much harder to use. Please consider using this for reporting bugs, as it's much easier to have them all documented in one place.