IGNORED

Toyshop Trouble is brilliant!

godzillajoe

Made it to the stage after the joysticks last night. How do you paint those truck things? They have to be painted three seperate times?

Pay attention to the screens between rounds. They will show you the correct order you need to paint things in if order is required.

Made it to the stage after the joysticks last night. How do you paint those truck things? They have to be painted three seperate times?

Pay attention to the screens between rounds. They will show you the correct order you need to paint things in if order is required.

Yeah the some screens will will have 1 2 with the colors to show you the order.

Do you ever have to paint anything 3 colors?!

Has this game dropped off the face of the earth? Or at least AtariAge?

Yes, Toyshop Trouble was a limited 2006 holiday game.

I get, even if don't admire, the limited release thing.

I get, even if REALLY dislike, the lack of a free .bin download. (I know Al has encouraged the free .bin in the past)

I DON'T get why it doesn't get a page on http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html

Edited by kisrael

I get, even if REALLY dislike, the lack of a free .bin download. (I know Al has encouraged the free .bin in the past)

I DON'T get why it doesn't get a page on http://www.atariage.com/software_list.html

Al has been very, very busy lateley. I am sure he will catchup eventually. And there will be a binary, but by now not everybody even got his cart. Just be patient.

Thanks. So how far did you get (the game does continue into January, you know).

Haha, I didn't know that :ponder: My wife was (impatiently?) waiting for me to help put some of the kids to bed, while a bunch of the kids were watching my latest attempt after getting into the December 20s frequently. Finally got through the 23rd and 24th (I think the 23rd is the tougher of the two), watched the Dec. 25th screen, figured I had finished it and turned it off without even hitting fire :)

I got playing it again last night and this morning, and got to January 9th with a score of 40,632.

And have you looked at the riddle (don't spoil the answer).

I looked, but haven't figured it out yet. I'm not too quick with that sort of thing.

Anybody else getting carpal tunnel or arthritic pain in your hands from playing this game? Maybe I'm so focused on the game that I'm gripping the Atari joystick a bit too tightly. :ponder:

I've had all sorts of pain playing this game, and have kept switching joysticks to try to help (instead of just taking a break, yes, I've been addicted). I think it's because the fire button is almost always held down, at least the way I play it is; my left hand was cramping big time once I'm 15+ levels in. I switched from my Tac-II to a Wico bat handle and that helped a bit.

I wonder if the button function should have been inverted? Just press the button to slow down and *not* paint?

Anyway, great game.

I got my copy of Toyshop Trouble in the mail today. Wow what a great game is about all I can say. I've only played a few games (I did get 4 other games with my Atari Age order) so I only made it to Decebmber 10th. It was also the last game I played out of all that received.

The game play does remind me of Pressure Cooker but I think TT gets more frantic sooner.

Kudos to everyone involved in making the game.

Al has been very, very busy lateley. I am sure he will catchup eventually. And there will be a binary, but by now not everybody even got his cart. Just be patient.

What he said. :)

..Al

And like I said... sorry for jumping the gun a bit on that. I saw the lack of listing, lack of catalog page, and talk of excusivity, put 2 and 2 together and got a kind of funny underlined heart shape. (one of the 2s got turned around, you see.)

And like I said... sorry for jumping the gun a bit on that. I saw the lack of listing, lack of catalog page, and talk of excusivity, put 2 and 2 together and got a kind of funny underlined heart shape. (one of the 2s got turned around, you see.)

No problem. :) I need to add all four of the holiday carts to the database, which will include screenshots, scans, and a description of each.

..Al

Toyshop Trouble is not only brilliant, it's addictive as well. I'm not sure how much time I spent playing the game today, but I almost missed going to the gym today because it closes at 5 PM.

I've made it up to second day with the monster trucks. Dec. 15th or 16th? I noticed on the title page between the levels that the numbers disappeared. Does that mean that you don't have to paint them in order the second time around? I didn't want to try it.

I've made it up to second day with the monster trucks. Dec. 15th or 16th? I noticed on the title page between the levels that the numbers disappeared. Does that mean that you don't have to paint them in order the second time around? I didn't want to try it.

Most of the two-color toys are associated with two levels. On the first of these, the trophy-case page will show the two separate colors needed to paint the toy; on the second, it will simply show the toy already painted. This provides a means of visually distinguishing the two levels; further, the fact that the player cleared the first screen suggests that the proper colors are already known.