IGNORED

Wtd: Donkey Kong ColecoVision Boxed :)

Murph74

I don't know if you are still looking but here is one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...05185%26fvi%3D1

UPDATED: I posted this and then the seller changed the auction. He had a boxed DK for the Colecovision listed. If you are still interested I would contact the seller.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

UPDATED: I posted this and then the seller changed the auction. He had a boxed DK for the Colecovision listed. If you are still interested I would contact the seller.

The seller posted a lot of boxed games at rather high prices.

Personally, I had a bad experience with this seller and there is no way in hell I would deal with him again.

Personally, I had a bad experience with this seller and there is no way in hell I would deal with him again.

Isn't that Retroillucid from here? Or are my wires crossed somehow?

And yes, still holding out for this one- thanks for keeping an eye out and leting me know. :)

Edited by Murph74

Isn't that Retroillucid from here? Or are my wires crossed somehow?

And yes, still holding out for this one- thanks for keeping an eye out and leting me know. :)

No, it's Krualgiz... :)

I think he had an offer for, but I'm not sure...

CollectorVision on Ebay is in no way affiliated with me... I'm not even selling something on ebay..

All I can say is, if your're interested in a title, contact him... he's selling many CIB games ;)

You guys better hurry up before the Nintendo nuts catch on to how rare this really is. Up till now they have considered DK JR math the rarest of the DK games to find boxed and that has sold in the 500-800 range for a complete copy in top shape and while one hasn't sold in some time current estimates are 3-5k for a sealed one.

I expect complete Colecovision copies in great shape to sell for big bucks one day and I believe in the long run it will end up the most expensive Colecovision game.

You guys better hurry up before the Nintendo nuts catch on to how rare this really is. Up till now they have considered DK JR math the rarest of the DK games to find boxed and that has sold in the 500-800 range for a complete copy in top shape and while one hasn't sold in some time current estimates are 3-5k for a sealed one.

I expect complete Colecovision copies in great shape to sell for big bucks one day and I believe in the long run it will end up the most expensive Colecovision game.

Cool, so sell us your extra copies. :P :D

When I am ready you will know ;)

I've only got 2 :(

Ask Sean Kelly if he has any.

When I am ready you will know ;)

I've only got 2 :(

Ask Sean Kelly if he has any.

There ya go Murph. A leed. HHW

I agree, it'll be one of the rarest game (boxed...obiviously) for Colecovision...

There's some extremely rare too... Wizard of Id's Wiz math is a though one too ;)

And a couple of others... :)

Let's be honest though. How many Nintendo collectors even care about stuff prior to the NES. I have a sealed Mario Bros. game for the Atari 2600 and I know that I would be lucky to get $20 for it. Conversely a sealed Super Mario Bros. game will go for at least $100 and probably more. Who knows maybe NES collectors will finally acknowledge in the future that there were systems before the NES and in fact that there favorite characters did make their first appearance on those systems. But I don't see that for a very long time.

Let's be honest though. How many Nintendo collectors even care about stuff prior to the NES. I have a sealed Mario Bros. game for the Atari 2600 and I know that I would be lucky to get $20 for it. Conversely a sealed Super Mario Bros. game will go for at least $100 and probably more. Who knows maybe NES collectors will finally acknowledge in the future that there were systems before the NES and in fact that there favorite characters did make their first appearance on those systems. But I don't see that for a very long time.

I think you will be suprised. The sealed Mario for the 2600 I would guess a $19.95 BIN wouldn't last a day. I would also expect it to do much better than other 2600 titles of equal rarity over time from here on out.

The NES Super Mario Bros was a pack-in and is very rare complete or sealed for the same reason Coleco DK is rare. No one bought it because everyone and their brother had a free copy. Mario Bros arcade for NES is pretty rare to find. 2600 Mario isn't as rare as either of those when you looked at them complete or sealed.

NES collectors for the most part do over look the pre-NES era right now. A complete or sealed Colecovision DK is just so freaking rare that once they start learning about it they will be all over it.

I agree, it'll be one of the rarest game (boxed...obiviously) for Colecovision...

There's some extremely rare too... Wizard of Id's Wiz math is a though one too ;)

And a couple of others... :)

Wiz of Id is pretty rare but of no interest to Nintendo nuts. Some of the Xonox titles are pretty rare as well and then we have Imagic Tennis which is also pretty rare.

• 1 month later...
anyone catch the complete one which just sold on ebay for a bit over a hundred?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170278294516

Winning bid: US $129.26

Winning bidder: -***m( 1382)

Yes, the winning bidder was trade-n-games. I suspect his bid was a bit higher than the final figure given his activity around that time. I halfway wonder whether the seller was caught by surprise at the bidding, though he certainly could have done a better job with both the listing title and keywords, as I think the listing escaped the notice of some regulars.

anyone catch the complete one which just sold on ebay for a bit over a hundred?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170278294516

Winning bid: US $129.26

Winning bidder: -***m( 1382)

Yes, the winning bidder was trade-n-games. I suspect his bid was a bit higher than the final figure given his activity around that time. I halfway wonder whether the seller was caught by surprise at the bidding, though he certainly could have done a better job with both the listing title and keywords, as I think the listing escaped the notice of some regulars.

I'd bid on it, but as I'd said before, wasn't willing to jump that high. I talked to Tradengames about it-- he said it went right up to his max bid when he won it (edit: I think he said).

So, I'm still on the hunt for this one... another year and no love. :/ lol

Edited by Murph74

Yes i won it. It was right at my max bid. I think it is very hard to find. I think it was only the second one this year and 1 was in a lot but it was tore real bad. More Mr do castle and qubes have been listed boxed this year than that title ever
I'm unaware of a glut of boxed Qubes being listed this year. I certainly haven't seen more than one in the last six months, which itself was in a lot. This was the third boxed DK listed on eBay this year, from what I have counted. No arguments about Mr. Do!'s Castle, though the bulk of the boxed specimens have been the bilingual edition, which is not terribly rare. From the entire "regular" release catalog, I'm not even sure I'd place Mr. Do!'s Castle or Q*Bert's Qubes as exemplars of truly hard-to-find games (boxed), though. Edited by mumbai

I'm unaware of a glut of boxed Qubes being listed this year. I certainly haven't seen more than one in the last six months, which itself was in a lot. This was the third boxed DK listed on eBay this year, from what I have counted. No arguments about Mr. Do!'s Castle, though the bulk of the boxed specimens have been the bilingual edition, which is not terribly rare. From the entire "regular" release catalog, I'm not even sure I'd place Mr. Do!'s Castle or Q*Bert's Qubes as exemplars of truly hard-to-find games (boxed), though.

So that mean you'd trade a boxed US Mr Do's Castle for a sealed CV DK? :)

Or do you have time for that? :)

I'm unaware of a glut of boxed Qubes being listed this year. I certainly haven't seen more than one in the last six months, which itself was in a lot. This was the third boxed DK listed on eBay this year, from what I have counted. No arguments about Mr. Do!'s Castle, though the bulk of the boxed specimens have been the bilingual edition, which is not terribly rare. From the entire "regular" release catalog, I'm not even sure I'd place Mr. Do!'s Castle or Q*Bert's Qubes as exemplars of truly hard-to-find games (boxed), though.
So that mean you'd trade a boxed US Mr Do's Castle for a sealed CV DK? :)

No, I wouldn't trade one for the other, though I think a (unfalsified) sealed MDC would likely find more general interest than a sealed DK. :) My point was that MDC and QQ don't strike me as being among the top 10% of HTF ColecoVision games, boxed. But you knew that. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...