IGNORED

Umm... what are these?!?!

EricDeLee

post-3390-1171205121_thumb.jpg

I've never seen nor heard of this? When did Sega come out with something that had these cards that look like TG HUcards?

I may have to collect for this thing now. I like these card games as of lately....

First the Lynx, then the TG... what now?

I'm off to see if I can find out any info online. If you got info... or pics of your own collection, let me know. My knowlege of Sega pretty much starts with a Sega Genisis (the tiny #3 model) and that's it. (aside from the Nomad... and a brief affair with a Game Gear)

Oh.... I see. Sega Master System.

This whole time I figured the Sega Master System was basically an early model of the genisis and the games were interchangeable. I had no idea that it was basically two different things. Nor did i know that the Sega Master System had card games like this.

Interesting.

A friend of mine, the only one of our group that was into SEGA at the time, had this system. His little brother proved to be very hazardous to the cards' health. I'm not sure how extensive his collection got before he got fed up and went with another system (I think he had them all, non- ATARI, that is).

The SMS had the ability to use full-sized game cartridges, as well as game cards like the one in the picture. I think the idea was that Sega could manufacture game cards cheaper than cartridges and sell them a lower price, making the SMS more marketable to those who couldn't afford to buy expensive game cartridges. I don't know how many games were eventually released on game cards, but I think most of them were sold overseas and were later re-released on cartridge anyway.

And yes, the SMS was a different system than the Genesis. As I understand, it's basically the same hardware that was later used in the Game Gear.

I wonder if those card games work on a Game Gear... I know the carts do with a Master Gear converter.

The slot those cards fit into was later used for 3D glasses.

And yep, Game Gear = SMS with lower resolution but more colors. And a cool carrying strap--we can't forget that.

Edited by shadow460

That's just a Sega Master System card.

To my knowledge, there was something like 12 games for it. The rest were actual carts, which looked kinda cool in their dressy Square manly format. I though the cards were cool, but the games for the most part sucked.

And to shadow460 I'm sure an adaptor can be made, but I thought the same thing when I first got one, of sticking it into the gamegear direct, it won't work. The card is thinner (from side to side) than a GameGear cart, I don't remember if it had less pins or not, I never bothered counting, but it physically won't fit. But I see no reason a Master Gear for the cards converter couldn't be made.

I wonder if those card games work on a Game Gear... I know the carts do with a Master Gear converter.

And yep, Game Gear = SMS with lower resolution but more colors. And a cool carrying strap--we can't forget that.

Hell no! It isn't a handheld game if it does not include a carrying strap. That's why the PSP is so superior. I love my carrying strap. It's around here... somewhere. Umm... At least I think I kept it.

Hmmm :rolling:

Hell no! It isn't a handheld game if it does not include a carrying strap. That's why the PSP is so superior. I love my carrying strap. It's around here... somewhere. Umm... At least I think I kept it.

Hmmm :rolling:

Yeah, I have to make a strap for my second Game Gear. While I'm at it, maybe I 'll make one for a Master System, too.

The pinouts for those cards and the Game Gear can be found at SMSpower. I just was too lazy to dig through the piles and piles of information to find them all, especially since those have been made into cartridges. I'm betting that they shouldn't be used in the Game Gear, unless they like its 33 volt output to the cart slot.