IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

I'm not defending sweets, but if someone only charges $2-4 for 1st class, I don't think it's such a travesty if they ship a boxed game in a bubble envelope. As long as they get a big enough bubble envelope, a boxed game should be fine. It also helps though if you get "fragile" or "do not crush" stamped on it.

A boxed game should NEVER be sent in a bubble mailer. I don't think it matters if you put "fragile" or "do not crush" on it either. I think that you could write "WARNING BOMB - DO NOT CRUSH" and the box would still arrived smooshed inside of a bubble envelope. I paid a total of $9.98 to have two games shipped (2 separate transactions). He buys his supplies from Uline so he could easily buy inexpensive boxes to send his boxed games in. Al might be right. This might be his way to get back at members of this forum.

I recently sent a couple boxed Jaguar games in nice big thick envelopes 1st class. One of them sold for $65...I got great feedback from that buyer as well as the other. I made sure to use a big enough envelope and stretch it out a bit before I put the game in it. I also made sure to have "fragile" and "do not crush stamped on it. But maybe I was just lucky. In the end, the only reason I did this was to provide cheaper shipping for my customers even though it meant more work for me (USPS doesn't give out padded envelopes like they do Priority boxes unfortunately).

I'm not defending sweets, but if someone only charges $2-4 for 1st class, I don't think it's such a travesty if they ship a boxed game in a bubble envelope. As long as they get a big enough bubble envelope, a boxed game should be fine. It also helps though if you get "fragile" or "do not crush" stamped on it.

Are you kidding?? Boxed games should NEVER EVER EVER be sent in bubblewrap envelopes.

I've received many boxed games that came in bubble envelopes that were in fine shape. I guess I'm just not as anal as some people... :roll: :P It's when someone crams a boxed game that barely fits into a bubble envelope that you get smushed boxes...It really does make a difference if you use the correct size for such things...

I take it you don't live in an apartment building and don't have a small compact mailbox somewhere in the wall of the lobby. I do, and I always tell sellers I need my boxed game shipped in a box or else it will get completely crushed when my mail lady shoves it in the mailbox. I let them know that receiving the box intact and not beat up is the most important thing. If a seller ships my game in a bubble envelope after explaining all that and I've been overcharged for shipping I will neg them every time no questions asked. To me when you ship a boxed game in a bubble envelope you just don't care.

I must say that using the envelopes was an experiment for me and it worked well. I was worried about them getting crushed though, so I probably won't be using envelopes anymore. I'll just have to look around for small boxes (non Priority) which sometimes are hard to find. I prefer to ship things Priority because of the free and sturdy boxes, but I also feel obliged to offer 1st class for my items, especially cheaper items where the end price will probably be below the shipping cost. And if a buyer specifically requests a box, I ship their item in a box... :) I do have 100% feedback on eBay after hundreds of transactions which I'm very proud to say. :)

Edited by kevincal

A boxed game should NEVER be sent in a bubble mailer. I don't think it matters if you put "fragile" or "do not crush" on it either. I think that you could write "WARNING BOMB - DO NOT CRUSH" and the box would still arrived smooshed inside of a bubble envelope. I paid a total of $9.98 to have two games shipped (2 separate transactions). He buys his supplies from Uline so he could easily buy inexpensive boxes to send his boxed games in. Al might be right. This might be his way to get back at members of this forum.

I recently sent a couple boxed Jaguar games in nice big thick envelopes 1st class. One of them sold for $65...I got great feedback from that buyer as well as the other. I made sure to use a big enough envelope and stretch it out a bit before I put the game in it. I also made sure to have "fragile" and "do not crush stamped on it. But maybe I was just lucky. In the end, the only reason I did this was to provide cheaper shipping for my customers even though it meant more work for me (USPS doesn't give out padded envelopes like they do Priority boxes unfortunately).

What is your ebay ID?

Thanks.

Are you kidding?? Boxed games should NEVER EVER EVER be sent in bubblewrap envelopes.

I've received many boxed games that came in bubble envelopes that were in fine shape. I guess I'm just not as anal as some people... :roll: :P It's when someone crams a boxed game that barely fits into a bubble envelope that you get smushed boxes...It really does make a difference if you use the correct size for such things...

I take it you don't live in an apartment building and don't have a small compact mailbox somewhere in the wall of the lobby. I do, and I always tell sellers I need my boxed game shipped in a box or else it will get completely crushed when my mail lady shoves it in the mailbox. I let them know that receiving the box intact and not beat up is the most important thing. If a seller ships my game in a bubble envelope after explaining all that and I've been overcharged for shipping I will neg them every time no questions asked. To me when you ship a boxed game in a bubble envelope you just don't care.

You would be correct about that sir. :) I live in a house thankfully. If you tell a seller to ship in a box and they don't AND it comes crushed, I could understand your frustration. I just hope you don't pay bottom dollar 1st class rates and expect to have a perfect package arrive in your mailbox. Selling on eBay does require quite a bit of time and work. Usually the seller makes hardly anything selling games for $5-10...unless they charge outrageous shipping fees. It is pretty sad how many seller fees and Paypal fees there is however. One more thing I might add is that I live 15 miles from the nearest P.O. and there is a Mail Stop place only 5 miles away, but they charge quite a bit more than the P.O. I'm sure some sellers have this situation where they aren't near a P.O. but are near a similar private business that charges significantly more than the P.O.

What is your ebay ID?

Thanks.

lol...

http://myworld.ebay.com/kevincal20

...You don't believe me or something? :roll:

Edited by kevincal

I told you that I will let you all know what happens when I get the packages.

Until then you guys can back off on the comments.

Also, please let us know if he give you feedback when you pay, or if he holds it hostage for you to leave yours first. :twisted:

That's funny, the previous seller I dealt with didn't leave feedback until he heard I was satisfied with what I received. I've previously understood that, as a seller, you're suppose to leave feedback soon after the payment has been received. In this instance, this is not the case. The seller wanted to leave feedback describing the entire transaction experience. Does that sound more accurate or am I totally wrong.

No you're wrong. There's only one reason not to give a buyer feedback upon receiving his money, and that's to withhold the feedback as a retaliation tactic. Some buyers do this because of that one in a gazillion chance the buyer will leave an undeserved neg, which Ebay would remove anyway. By and far most sellers who pull this stunt with feedback are like this guy, who is being deceptive and to a degree fraudulent and knows most people are wussies and won't leave a neg in fear of getting one back.

Really, there's no "supposed to leave feedback". Feedback is optional, but then again so is throwing your freshly ass-wiped toilet paper in the toilet rather than the little garbage can next to it when in a public restroom.

In any case, it's common sense, and courtesy to say "thank you" to a customer when they buy your product, not weeks later when you feel like it. Some sellers just don't practice common courtesy and won't get my business.

Hey it your board Al. That's all I can say.

That kind of response doesn't even sound like you 'computed' the words he wrote out.

You're taking sweetstuff6pence's words over Albert's despite the fact that Albert has written evidence saying otherwise.

takin the kind of out you did with a "whatever" type reply sounds more like you simply don't believe him.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding you either because you're either showing apathy or disbelief.

There is really only two ways about it.

Yes, sweetstuff8pies seems to be nice to you but as Albert said this was in effect to butter you up so to speak.

I don't understand why you're shrugging everything that has evidence behind it simply because sweetstuff5cakes

said otherwise. Who would you believe, the accused or the bodies on the floor?

Toilet paper analogies aside, good luck to 'guitarmas'.

I imagine you will probably get a decent transaction siimply because SS4U realizes now he needs some positive publicity.

Hopefully SS4U will learn a lesson from all this and deal with people in a better fashion in the future.

Hopefully SS4U will learn a lesson from all this and deal with people in a better fashion in the future.

Even if he were to turn over a new leaf , that still doesn't excuse those he's wronged in the past. He can go on and do a thousand successful transactions , but the handful that went sour will always come back and bite him in the ass.

I believe they call that , karma! :twisted:

Remember , you can't rob a bank , then help an elderly woman cross the street , and expect that dark cloud to go away. The good deed doesn't negate the bad.

Shipping boxed games in a bubble envelope is not cool. I ship all my cartridges boxed, boxed game or loose game, it doesn't make any difference. My boxes (as well as the inner packing materials) are recycled from stuff that is sent to me as well as the recycling bins at the office - it may not always look "like new" pretty, but usually I can strip off all the external labels and tape and get it down to a pretty clean box and who cares how many times that bubble wrap or pile of foam peanuts has been around the world. It gets the job done and I don't feel economically compelled to pass inflated shipping costs on to my buyers - pretty much what the scale says is what it will cost at the USPS, based on their fee tables - but I'm just one guy into games for fun, not as a money-making business.

That's what I do too...

By and far most sellers who pull this stunt with feedback are like this guy, who is being deceptive and to a degree fraudulent and knows most people are wussies and won't leave a neg in fear of getting one back.

This just isn't so. It's been discussed to death before, but to make a blanket statement like this is paranoid and libelous.

I would say about 90+ percent of the sellers I have bought from on ebay don't leave feedback until I give them feedback.

I would say this is true from my experience.

As a seller I've left positive feebacks after shipping the item away; however, I can understand why many don't. It works both ways: some buyers are as dishonest as any crooked seller.

As a seller, I leave feedback once the transaction is complete, which I consider when:

-I've recieved an email indicating that they've recieved it & are satisfied

-I've been left feedback

To me, it would be a disservice to the spirit of the feedback system if I only rated the buyer's ability to pay. I want to know that a buyer's feedback encompasses the entire transaction.

Hey it your board Al. That's all I can say.

That kind of response doesn't even sound like you 'computed' the words he wrote out.

You're taking sweetstuff6pence's words over Albert's despite the fact that Albert has written evidence saying otherwise.

takin the kind of out you did with a "whatever" type reply sounds more like you simply don't believe him.

I don't think I'm misunderstanding you either because you're either showing apathy or disbelief.

There is really only two ways about it.

Yes, sweetstuff8pies seems to be nice to you but as Albert said this was in effect to butter you up so to speak.

I don't understand why you're shrugging everything that has evidence behind it simply because sweetstuff5cakes

said otherwise. Who would you believe, the accused or the bodies on the floor?

I dare not try to explain myself. :D

You pretty much got the idea.

BTW who are you to go snooping around peoples accounts. What is it that you are trying to prove?

It's public information. I'm actually on the phone with him right now and I just bought 2 more CIB Jaguar games from him. I'll let you know what I get.

How special, I'm sure he's getting nice updates about how people are "slandering" him on AtariAge.

..Al

Well I will explain this in the open: I commented that I was talking to sweetsstuff on the phone and was ordering some games from him to see what I will get and what I got would be reported back here. I feel that this comment from Albert was sarcastic and hurtful. I read it, and immediately thought how insensitive it appeared to me. Albert I didn't appreciate that.

I'm trying to see the whole picture. I'm angry because I feel that everyone on here thinks it's necessary to bash someone that thinks otherwise about giving this guy a chance that has never dealt with him before.

As a seller, I leave feedback once the transaction is complete, which I consider when:

-I've been left feedback

To me, it would be a disservice to the spirit of the feedback system if I only rated the buyer's ability to pay. I want to know that a buyer's feedback encompasses the entire transaction.

Yep, that's was what I was told.

Well I will explain this in the open: I commented that I was talking to sweetsstuff on the phone and was ordering some games from him to see what I will get and what I got would be reported back here. I feel that this comment from Albert was sarcastic and hurtful. I read it, and immediately thought how insensitive it appeared to me. Albert I didn't appreciate that.

You reap what you sow. If you want to deal with someone who has demonstrated that he has ripped people off (as shown on the DP forum), ships boxed games in bubble envelopes, overcharges for shipping, abuses the eBay feedback system, is trying to extort the community by driving up prices, and is likely using you to try and get some positive press here, that's your business. But don't expect people to like you for it.

..Al

-I've been left feedback

Yep, that's was what I was told.

That's BS, as soon as the buyer pays for the transaction the seller should leave feedback. The above just sounds like an excuse to leave retaliatory feedback if the buyer leaves negative feedback. As a seller I always leave positive feedback once the buyer has paid. I don't understand how sellers try to justify doing anything else.

..Al

-I've been left feedback

Oh please. :roll: That's just a veiled excuse to hold the buyers feedback hostage. The rules should be plain and simple to even the least gifted dullard: The winning bidder promptly pays for the item(s), hence they have done their part of the bargain. The seller then leaves positive feedback because of the aforementioned reason in the previous sentence. The seller then promptly AND safely packages and ships the item(s). This is fulfilling the seller's part. Upon arrival of the merchandise the buyer then leaves positive feedback. Of coarse only if the items in the transaction has been faithfully represented.

Doing otherwise, as far as I'm concerned, is shady and dishonest.

And as for the disreputable merchant on which this thread is focused upon I firmly believe he will eventually regret his dishonorable actions. The guy's a jerk and he needs to be pointed out as such so that others won't fall prey to his avarice fueled actions.