IGNORED

Apple II MECC Oregon Trail disks available

FujiSkunk

I noticed a couple of people asking for these in other posts, so I went rummaging through my collection. I have five "kosher" copies of MECC's The Oregon Trail for the Apple II. Originally these were owned by Humble and Kingwood, Texas, area schools. Strictly speaking, they are for school use only, but I'm pretty sure old school disks are below the radar of the Software Secret Police.

Anyway, if anyone wants one, let me know. I'll let them go for cheap, or I'll trade for items on my want list.

I also have other MECC titles from that era, including disks from the popular "Munchers" series. If you're looking for anything, drop me a line.

post-6115-1171841766_thumb.jpg

Edited by skunkworx

Do you Accept "Copied" Apple II Diskettes?

Not as trades, sorry. I've nothing against making copies of old stuff, but I'm already set up that I can create new disks from images available on the 'net.

Skunkworx, you don't happen to have an old MECC catalog, do you?

I'm afraid not. These disks were going to be thrown away when I happened to come across them. Any documentation that originally came with them was long gone.

What year are those from? I have a copy from 1987 I think and it's different from the one I played in grade school (early 80's).

y-bot

I noticed a couple of people asking for these in other posts, so I went rummaging through my collection. I have five "kosher" copies of MECC's The Oregon Trail for the Apple II. Originally these were owned by Humble and Kingwood, Texas, area schools. Strictly speaking, they are for school use only, but I'm pretty sure old school disks are below the radar of the Software Secret Police.

Anyway, if anyone wants one, let me know. I'll let them go for cheap, or I'll trade for items on my want list.

I also have other MECC titles from that era, including disks from the popular "Munchers" series. If you're looking for anything, drop me a line.

post-6115-1171841766_thumb.jpg

What year are those from? I have a copy from 1987 I think and it's different from the one I played in grade school (early 80's).

The disks were copied in 1990, but the copyright date is 1985. There is also a program version number, 1.4.

Before MECC released their edition, there was another Oregon Trail game for the Apple II floating around. That version was text-based, except for the hunting, which played like a carnival shoot.

That brings back memories. I can remember playing Oregon trail in the 5th and 6th grade for hours.

Same here, the oregon trail in 5th grade, except we had windows 98 computers instead of apples. ahh, we would get free time at the end of the day and longer on fridays, and i remeber always playing that game, would love to get the version i played, it was a cd though, not a floppy.

Same here, the oregon trail in 5th grade, except we had windows 98 computers instead of apples... would love to get the version i played, it was a cd though, not a floppy.

I've actually seen that release in thrift stores before. It was also by MECC if I remember correctly.

Check eBay. I doubt it goes for too much.

Same here, the oregon trail in 5th grade, except we had windows 98 computers instead of apples... would love to get the version i played, it was a cd though, not a floppy.

I've actually seen that release in thrift stores before. It was also by MECC if I remember correctly.

Check eBay. I doubt it goes for too much.

okay, yeah, i think i will check ebay.

edit:crap, lol, i can't tell if it's the right one, because I never seen the box, just the jewel case.

Edited by ewing92