IGNORED

My wife found this today for 10 bucks

edweird13

Is that the date of the machine on the sticker on the table there? I also see that it says something about 2 or 4 players...insert coin below. Push button to start game. A game for asmusement only.

Hmm...that would be really really old. Did Atari or any company ever make a 4 player pong? Because this is really the only thing it could be. Also is the base yellow in color where the coin mech is?

Excuse my ignorance, but what game is this? I see four paddle controllers so I assume it's some sort of PONG-style game, but I've never seen one of these before (at least not that I can remember).

Thanks!

..Al

It's one of the many pong "bootlegs" I had one a lot like that except the base was square. Mine was by Mirco. They weren't actually bootlegs because you can't copyright a circuit design, and there were no roms.

There's a link to mine.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...mp;game_id=7304

Edited by Dav

Excuse my ignorance, but what game is this? I see four paddle controllers so I assume it's some sort of PONG-style game, but I've never seen one of these before (at least not that I can remember).

Thanks!

..Al

It's one of the many pong "bootlegs" I had one a lot like that except the base was square. Mine was by Mirco. They weren't actually bootlegs because you can't copyright a circuit design, and there were no roms.

There's a link to mine.

Thanks for the additional information. It's too bad the board is missing from this one.

..Al

Thanks!

..Al

There's a link to mine.

Thanks for the additional information. It's too bad the board is missing from this one.

..Al

Yeah, that is too bad. I have a couple of extra boards for the mirco machines I had but they had the molex connectors. I'm not sure which ones had the edgeboard connector like that.

I picked up one of mine for $10 and the other one a buddy of mine found that someone was throwing out. Both of them worked when I plugged them in. I think I got $100-$150 for them at the auction with very little work on them. You could probably find a board for it eventually if you can figure out who made it.

Hmm...that would be really really old. Did Atari or any company ever make a 4 player pong? Because this is really the only thing it could be. Also is the base yellow in color where the coin mech is?

It is a PONG clone, called Video Tennis (CT-4 Series), put out by Technical Design Corporation out of Minnesota in 1975.

Yes, Atari made two 4 player PONG's. PONG Doubles and Quadrapong.

Okay, then simulator, if you want a better term. There are literally hundreds of PONG apps out there that could easily run in this cab.

Yes, none of them doing it correctly. They're all "PONG-like" games, which usually consist of the mentality of "lets throw a ball and two bats up and call it PONG, even if it doesn't accurately reflect the original PONG's mechanics and behavior". Its a bit more than knocking a ball around on a screen to accurately reproduce it. Even the one Atari released for its Anniversary Collection package was off the mark.

I am impressed that you've tried them all.

Add a button and put JoustPong in there!

Yes, I've tried most of them. Just got done working with Allan Alcorn on doing an accurate port of the original PONG, who held the same opinion. You have to understand, that unless you have access to the original diagrams and understand the nuances of the hardware timings and logic used to reproduce it, you're not going to reproduce it accurately. You'll just get something that reproduces the perception of the general gameplay concept, and to the average person that's usually (unfortunately) been enough.

Edited by wgungfu