IGNORED

Tiger Woods...which should I get?

The MilkMan

I've played my friends Xbox Tiger Woods 2005, in fact we play it about 3 times a week.

I want to get a copy for my 360. I see that there is 2006 and a 2007 for the 360. Are they the same? One better than the other?

I really like and am used to the play stlye and format of 2005 on the Xbox. Which would suit me best?

Thanks!

06 is a lot closer to 05 in gameplay. I do prefer 07 to 06 only because the putting is much harder and I can't routinely sink 50+ footers. Other than that 07 just adds some graphical candy and some different ways to hook and slice and such. I also heard from a friend who got 07 for the regular xbox that the game had no world tour mode - you know the mode where you challenge the made up and pro golfers. Boo EA Boo. He was really bummed and just plays 06 instead. So don't get 07 for the xbox 1.

Are you saying 07 is harder putting?

What about Tiger vision? Did that carry over? And does a caddy tip still say something like 4 ft left and 3 inches short or whatever while putting?

Power boost. Still have that? Where is it on a 360 controller?

Edited by The MilkMan

Yeah powerboost is still there. I think it's the B button but I can't really remember. No putting does not tell you 4 left 3 down anymore. It gives you a grid that you must read. On the easy setting it gives you an ideal line to follow which I used at first to get accustomed to the putting. In 07 they did take that meter out that you filled up (kinda like a gamebreaker in the NBA games) which I'm glad I hated that instant hole in one garbage. I'd really take the 07 version over the 06 version on the 360. I like it when the spectators don't give me enough room when I shank one and I'm trying to punch it on the green. I let it fly right into them and watch them drop.

I enjoyed the hell out of Tiger 06. The graphics were very done and there was a real feeling of power when you smacked the ball. Plus I liked the fact you could create the chacter to look like whoever you wanted. I did hear that 07 is better though.