IGNORED

playfield not matching up WTF?

Okaaaaaay, I'm making progress, and this is fun as hell, but I am a bit stumped here.........

first, I had a completely stable kernel drawing just playfield.. it would change the playfield, draw six lines, then change the playfield data.....

I since revised this a bit, after a lot more experimentation, and decided to try 6 digit/logo player graphics.. after considerable effort, I was able to "Get" what was going on, and produce a stable display (with no cycles left).... and was very happy there.. :-)

I then decided to turn on the PF2 algorithm (I had it commented out), and after doing so, the first copies of P0 disappeared, and I get a display like below: .... I have attached the current code, and current pic... wtf is going on????

.... more importantly, why is the playfield starting to draw where it is (and thus why is PF2 mismatched?) it shouldn't be....

salmonrun.zip <-- the code

post-9462-1173491821_thumb.png <-- pic.

WTF?

-Thom

further debugging is shown, that when i remove the color cycling, the flashing bit in the middle disappears...confirming a suspicion I had.. I'm obviously mangling my X register... tracking it down :-P

p.s. I love Stella's debugger :-D (I'm sure that Atari would have loved to have had this at their disposal, instead of something like a KIM) hehe

-Thom