IGNORED

Gorf

sciarpo

Also curious about this. How do you find this game? I had it for the 5200 back in the 80's. Is it possible to find this homebrew for the Jaguar?

hey buddy, you arent the only one looking for this game, it is no longer being made ,their were 2 for the jaguar , one of them is a special edition, i know because i collect rare atari jaguar items, this game is one of the the hardest to find and i would pay up to $200 , maybe a little more, i missed its release :( , maybe someone will sell you a copy if you offer enough money, otherwise the chances of getting it are slim, anyone who wants to make me an offer let, me know, thanks, and good luck sciarpo :)

I'm not looking to add to a collection. I was curious about this game,since back in the day I played the game on the 5200( I liked it back in '80's when I had it) . I thought it was fun back then. When I saw it as a homebrew, I was curious if it was still out there(Jaguar version) since it is never seen on EBAY. To buy it? No. I've seen the screen versions-no different than what you can buy a complete Colecovision with the original arcade graphics for.

I'm not looking to add to a collection. I was curious about this game,since back in the day I played the game on the 5200( I liked it back in '80's when I had it) . I thought it was fun back then. When I saw it as a homebrew, I was curious if it was still out there(Jaguar version) since it is never seen on EBAY. To buy it? No. I've seen the screen versions-no different than what you can buy a complete Colecovision with the original arcade graphics for.

I don't think so. Steve Scavone and the 3DStooges version of Gorf for teh Jag is the ONLY ARCADE PERFECT home version out there, even beating out the Mame version.

It rated #4 in RETRO GAMER'S perfect 10 for the Jag.

Oh no you did not just compare MY gorf with Colecovision screen shots. Please play both

then post again.....you'll see you are very mistaken. ;)

I may re-release it anyway...Here is why...My good friend Neil, passed away Monday 2/26/2007 from Cystic Fibrosis. He was easily the most loving accepting man I ever knew. He was truly the best friend I ever had. I never met anyone who did not adore him. HE was always there for you and accepted you for who you were. He was an elder of our chuch and one who truly honored God and Christ and the golden rule.

He knew what it meant to love thy neighbor. Whith that said. I will decide this week to re-release Gorf and put all proceeds to finding a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. I will probably charge a few dollars more this tim around, but I want to make as much money for this as I can. I want to present a check to Ruthie and Kelly(his perfect wife and perfect young daugther, it is these two I morn most for) so that thye may give it to the foundation of thier choice.

Edited by Gorf

I will as soon as we figure out how we want to go about this. It might be few weeks but Im sure we're going to do it. Remember, no of you need to wait to donate to a worthy cause. Keep in mind that this could someday be your loved one with an incurable desease or maybe even you yourself. The day to act is now. Some one's life is depending on it. :)

I already got one of your Gorf disks, but I think that we could launch a "gorf gift campaign" for those of us who want to contribute, while not buying another CD for ourselves.

Just a thought.

And, please, send my condolences to your dear friend's family.

Paolo

I don't think so. Steve Scavone and the 3DStooges version of Gorf for teh Jag is the ONLY ARCADE PERFECT home version out there, even beating out the Mame version.

It rated #4 in RETRO GAMER'S perfect 10 for the Jag.

Looks like somebody didn't read the memo. Don't they know they cant' give anything for the Jag a perfect 10?

Heh J/K Me, I got my start on the Commodore 64, it's the first game I played. And it's awesome. I enjoyed it for the 2600, but It's missing the 'tempest' level, and the mother ship has no shield (or was it your player that had the shield? been to long) Anyhow, I picked one up for the Coleco, but to this day, have yet to play it. I'd find it hard to believe that the Coleco would beat out the 64 though.

The Colecovision has the galaxians level also. I would really love to see the Jaguar version, and if it comes back out it will be for a good cause, which makes it even better.

The arcade machine and the Jaguar are the only versions of Gorf with Galaxians. I own all version of Gorf so I know. Coleco only has Astro Battle, Lazer Attack. Space Warp and the Flagship, like all other home versions.

the sprite look very little like the game, not to mention Space Warp and flagship are awful. But none the less, thanks for your support. :)

Edited by Gorf

My memory regarding the Colecovision is obviously rusty( I played it 20 years ago) I thought at the time it was arcade perfect. Anyway, I happily stand corrected, and hope I can get a copy of the Jaguar version and hope to help a good cause. SEMPER FI!

Yeah it was one of the better but not anywhere close to arcade perfect.

My story for writing Gorf for the JAguar was based on the fact that it was

my favorite game, and none of the home versions were complete and did

not have the best game in there. I started out writing it for several machines

Iand as I started the project, CBS came along and ruined my plans.

But the Jaguar was the one best suited and by that time no one else was

interested in Gorf anymore... at least not from a delvelopers point of view.

I vowed it would be as arcade perfect as I could get it. I think we did pretty

good too.

Edited by Gorf

Well, I am old enough to remember how it was at the arcade (yeah, I know, senile attack "when I was young"... ;-) )

...and it is arcade perfect.

Now, on the other side, if we could flip our TV set ... :-)

did you hear me, Frog? ;-)

I would not count on such a feature as that would require a rewrite...that's not going to happen.

We did fix the bugs that were in there tho.

Edited by Gorf