IGNORED

Post your UNIQUE ATari 2600 item!

Marco

This has been a fun ride seeing all this stuff for the Atari 2600. :)

As for me, some of the more uniquish stuff I have would be some various stuff we dug out of the Atari service center dumpster, the Phaser Patrol and the loader with that, the Sears equivalent of a 3600, one of the silver Atari Jackets.. or two. :) What else? Mainly my Atari 2600 collection is about the text labels.. the early stuff and the sears labels. The Atari Force mini comics were also fun, along with Swordquest comics and the Centipede comics.

It really was a diverse system in add ons and marketing wasn't it? :)

And while I never got the Activision patches, it was LOADS of fun competing and getting one of the fifty "StarFire" patches here on Atari Age.

Not originally released by Atari but worthwhile to mention that our family has that dad did:

1) Static Ram cart that would load 2600 images from a Sol Terminal 20 (this was back in the 80's)

2) We had a sit down pong table with a Atari 2600 in it.

Any pictures??

Cheers,

Marco

Used to, which has me puzzled right now. Will see what I can do about this.

CPUWIZ showed a backgammon box layout thing (nicely framed btw). Here's some of the same kind of stuff that I got from Best Electronics. I have hundreds of the slides and larger transparencies (5x4) and if anyone's interested in some of these, I will bring them to the CGE. Anyways there are lots of large images here, browse at your leisure!

post-12593-1174513339_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1174513366_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1174513382_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1174513400_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1174513414_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1174513434_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, that Adventure silver box flat is amazing. I would love that framed on my wall, seriously.

What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Of course I know it is not nearly what it is now worth. That is unbelieveably rare.

Cassidy

Wasn't much - he was selling all the slides and the 5x4 transparencies for $1 each if I remember right. On the manual layouts it was probably $3-$5. It was first come, first serve and I was the 2nd person to look over the stuff. I basically sat in the Best office for an hour picking stuff out until I was satisfied. :lust: The Adventurer manual layout is probably the coolest of em all.

C'mon people, there have to be more cool items out there :cool:

Cheers,

Marco

Marco,

Is that really a Polyvox box?

Is this cart inside:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...8453&MENU=2

Yes, it's a Polyvox box. I only have the box, not the cart (for some strange reason).

Cheers,

Marco

I'll tell you what: send me the box and will send you the cart. This empty box is getting awful in your collection! Just put it into an envelope today!

post-910-1175051419_thumb.jpg

What's the story behind this silver box?

Was it ever officially released?

8)

AFAIK no, it was not released, the date on it is 1984. My "released" stargate has a date of 1987, 1988 for Defender II.

I can't really speak to its origin, I bought it off CPUWIZ, I do know its not one of his "works of art" tho :)