IGNORED

Post your UNIQUE ATari 2600 item!

Marco

booooring...

Hey guys - where are the surprises???

You all claim to be sooo big Atari fans... but we see Xonox double enders...

I add my fuji-cake (dont ask for it - I ate it)

post-332-1175787501_thumb.jpg

Greetings

Jens

I'm pretty sure it's NTSC, how can I tell for sure? Both sides seemed to play fine on my 2600.

It's sure hard to follow the SQ challace.. Tough crowd!! =)

Riffraff I think your TV is capable of playing PAL games without rolling. One of mine is like that too. The first difference I notice when I play a PAL game on that TV though is that I can't quite see the bottom of the game. It's buried below the bottom of the screen. PAL games have more lines then NTSC, and it's too many lines for my TV to display them all. The colors too should also be different, but I'm terrible with colors. So yeah I think it's PAL, and if you have another copy you can plug it in and compare. Don't always count on a TV rolling as a way of telling if a game is PAL or NTSC however. Artillery Duel for example will roll sometimes, but that is because it was poorly programmed and has too few lines for the NTSC version. You might plug Artillery Duel in and think it's PAL because it's rolling, but that is not the truth. A rom dump is the ultimate proof. :)

Don't think I didn't see that before I made my incorrect assumption! =)

First 2 pics are from that cart, other 2 from "ntsc" versions. Strange that the pal version (on robin hood) seems to cut off stuff from the top, I always thought it would be stuff at the bottom that goes missing.

Even being PAL, still not an easy find. It's not in DP's database either. Guess it's not unique, damnit! :twisted:

post-12593-1175816790_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1175816809_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1175816844_thumb.jpg

post-12593-1175816877_thumb.jpg

Edited by riffraff

Nope I don't have Surf's Up. I just learned that it exists! If Surfs up would have been considered a production game, I'd have to nominate Amiga to be the hardest company to collect for in that other thread. I saw on DP that 6 are known to exist.. I hope there are others that will surface.

How many have this one?

You wouldn't happen to have Surf's Up would you? I think there was only 6 of them made, Off Your Rocker had quite a few more.

The pal version of Robin Hood/Super Kung-Fu is R5 rarity

Damn I thought it was something special.

Ok to make up for that below-threshold item, here is something completely unrelated to atari.

It's an OJ simpson pog collection with both GUILTY and NOT GUILTY metal slammers!

post-12593-1175831604_thumb.jpg

Edited by riffraff

I can't find it right now but anyone have a MIP PointMaster Fire Control?Also does anyone have a Taiwnaese knock-off of an Atari cx-40 joystick?The only thing it says different is JOYSTICK on the top and on the bottom is a nice "Made In Taiwan" logo.post-12353-1175824588_thumb.jpg

Here you go Codyr783:

The Taiwanese Knock-off CX-40 that say's Joystick at the top & 2 Pointmaster Fire controllers.

:) :) :)

post-88-1176045142_thumb.jpg

post-88-1176045162_thumb.jpg

post-88-1176045177_thumb.jpg

Got this recently:

So how rare is this one actually?

Cheers,

Marco

:lust:

I think it's a tough box to find. I've seen it on Atarimania before, but you are the first person I've seen to post one. Actually looking at it again it looks like it was Franck's and you bought it off him. That makes it the only one I've seen. :P Some of the other big collectors would probably have this one though.