IGNORED

What would be a fair Trade in Value?

I hear people complain about stores trade in values all the time. I was wondering what everyone thinks a fair trade in value would be. 50%? Should the percentage change depending on how rare an item is? Should it depend on how quickly the store can sell the game?

I just thought it would be interesting to hear everyones opinion.

If I was opening a game store right now. What percentage for trade ins would it take to get you to come to my store?

Ok this is somewhat what i use on current gen stuff

My price I sell at first then trade credit then cash. I make it well worth it for trade. And I pay way more than all the chain stores in town.

$39.95 ,trade $30, cash $25 reason this is so high is this stuff sells fast, is this around 75% trade value

34.95 ,trade 25-28, Cash $20

24.95 , trade 15-18, cash 10

14.95 trade 8-10, cash 5, the reason for so low is this is the same old stuff that always comes in so I have a few of each in stock and alot of it sits around

So trade value has different levels in my store based on how fast I can sell it. Many NES games are just $1 or $2 each even when I sell them for $5 since I have tons and they dont sell fast and some $5 games I give $3 or $3.50 since I know they will move fast.

omg, now i really wish i was in st. louis, that is just like my old safe haven from ebgames and gamestop, game-o-rama. We knew the guy prettygood too, being usual customers and such, but he closed his doors in early 2005, and i cant help but to think that i am the cause of it :( . Shortly before he shut his doors, i traded in a bunch of ps2 and xbox games and said i could get $80 store credit, it was only like 5 or 6 games too, some newer than others, but anyway, i wanted the cash because i was going through a stage of hangin out with my friend until 2 in morning just wandering around the trailor park(my old neighborhood) and starying away from the video game scene, only for a month or two though, and then i wanted to get beack up and start buying again, and next thing i know, his shop was closed :(. That was a sad, sad day, and i knew that i must've been a big customer, coming in every week and getting stuff, he had all kinds of games, maybe some rare stuff i dont know, i wasnt into collecting for old systems at the time, and didn't really pay much attention to the nes, snes, or genesis stuff much, and i never ever pulled out a single 2600 cart. I would of loved to now tho, and he said that he had been open since the release of the ps1, and that made it worse thinking back on it, i dont know i just feel really guilty. I had $5 store credit, but i could care less about that now that the store is gone....... Anyways, back to the matter at hand, he gave people real good prices for trade-ins, it was $25 credit for a new game that just came out, and dont say that "oh, that is just like Gamestop/EBGames' trade-in value" but no, he had the new games that came out not even a month ago for $30, so it is a good deal, i used to get aa game, play it for a week and try to beat it as fast as i can, and then trade it in and get another game for $5 more :) Anyways, only the last part is relative to the topic, tho i do love to reminisce.....ahhh......