IGNORED

Problem with my Stelladaptor

yves31

Hi everyone!

I bought a stelladaptor a while ago and really like it.

It works fine with the paddles.

My problem is when I use it with any emulator or any joystick, sometimes it get stuck in the same direction and it gets very frustrating to use it.

Example : I'm playing snake byte and there 's an apple near the wall I have to go up to get it and then turn let's say left but it won't do it (I use ATARI800Win). In mess, in munch man, same problem, once in a while if I try to go in a direction it won't respond, I have to hit the stick a couple of times before I have a responce from it :sad:

Has anybody had the same problem? How did you solve the problem?

Is it my adaptor?

I don't mind getting another one, but I would like to be sure it works fine.

Thanks for your answer,

Yves

Hi Yves,

I've never heard of anyone having this particular issue before. It's possible it's the Stelladaptor, but it could also be some weird compatibility issue with the machine you're using. Here are a few things you can try:

- Do you have another computer you can try the Stelladaptor with?

- Try a different USB cable

- Unplug other USB devices to see if perhaps one of them is interfering with the Stelladaptor.

- Are you using a USB hub? If so, try plugging the Stelladaptor directly into the computer.

If you want to send in the Stelladaptor I'd be glad to exchange it for another one to see if you have the same issues. Please send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

Take care,

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a strange issue with the 2nd Stelladaptor I just recieved.

It works great in Atari800WinPlus 4.0 and and Prosystem Emulator 1.1... I haven't really tried any thing else or tried it on the Mac (although system profile sees it when it is plugged in on a Mac).

The problem, then, is Stella 2.3.

When I only have the single, new Stelladaptor plugged in, it won't recognize it. It doesn't matter how I configure it.

When I plug in the original Stelladaptor also, then it sees the first one (new one) fine.

I guess I haven't tried it with just the ORIGINAL Stelladaptor plugged in. Let me give that a shot.

Just tried that, and the problem persists. I don't believe I had that problem before, although I might have always had the Speedlink Competition Pro USB stick plugged in along with the Stelladaptor.

Either way, weird, huh?

Weird, huh?

I'm having a strange issue with the 2nd Stelladaptor I just recieved.

It works great in Atari800WinPlus 4.0 and and Prosystem Emulator 1.1... I haven't really tried any thing else or tried it on the Mac (although system profile sees it when it is plugged in on a Mac).

The problem, then, is Stella 2.3.

When I only have the single, new Stelladaptor plugged in, it won't recognize it. It doesn't matter how I configure it.

When I plug in the original Stelladaptor also, then it sees the first one (new one) fine.

I guess I haven't tried it with just the ORIGINAL Stelladaptor plugged in. Let me give that a shot.

Just tried that, and the problem persists. I don't believe I had that problem before, although I might have always had the Speedlink Competition Pro USB stick plugged in along with the Stelladaptor.

Either way, weird, huh?

Weird, huh?

I assume you're using Windows. If so, could you go to the joystick control panel in Windows, and with both Stelladaptors plugged in, tell me what Windows detects them as (ie, what names do they have?). The type of joystick plugged into the Stelladaptor shouldn't matter, since Windows sees the Stelladaptor USB device, not the joystick 'behind' it.

Note that I've never actually tested Stella with two Stelladaptors, so the current code was written 'from spec', and not from physically testing it. Maybe someone can volunteer another Stelladaptor for testing? :)