IGNORED

ATARI BBS GATEWAY (links to all Atari BBS's on one BBS!)

doctorclu

Ah, memories of BBSing. I never understood why most new user applications for BBS rivaled the size of a home loan application. Why do you need my address? You gonna visit me? Why do you need my phone number? You gonna call me?

Bogus info is the only way to go.

Agreed, they are longish...

Address? For the prizes we give away - but even if you didn't want to enter it, I

would try to contact you *once* via e-mail for a valid address so its okay. (before

I gave the prize to someone else).

Phone number? See my post above about a historical slant on this... :)

• 4 months later...

So are there no Atari BBS's at this point?

Boot Factory was down today. Same with Dark Forces. Thunderdome responded, but only a brief message.

A sad day. :(

Hey Doc! :)

Hmm, we're up. They were doing some road construction in our area for a couple of days this week.

We had random, sporadic power outtages - you might have caught us during one of those times.

Never fear though, DarkForce is still around! :)

• 4 years later...

I'm happy to report that if you call the Prison Board BBS at telnet://rdfig.net or 972-329-0781 the entire 2015 Atari BBS list has been added for quick access.

Simply call the BBS, at the first prompt select "A" for the Mystic BBS. Get to the Main Menu. Select X for Internet, then A for Atari.

This was a service started in 2007 primarily set for Lantronix users who only have IP addresses to work with can access the basically stable IP address of the Prison Board at IP 108.204.186.225. Of course it is also good for users that want to call a BBS with a modem and then telnet out to all the other BBS's from there.

Either way it opens up the entire Atari BBS world with just one stop. :D

post-4709-0-58596900-1420525678_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2