IGNORED

What is your favorite "Donkey Kong" game?

Rhindle The Red

What is your favorite "Donkey Kong" game?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite "Donkey Kong" game?

• Donkey Kong (1981 - arcade, etc.)
    • Donkey Kong, Junior (1982 - arcade, etc.)
    • Donkey Kong 3 (1983 - arcade, etc.)
    • Donkey Kong Jr. Math (1985 - NES)
    • Donkey Kong (1994 - Game Boy)
    • Donkey Kong Country (1994 - Super Nintendo, GBC, GBA)
    • Donkey Kong Land (1995 - GB)
    • Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995 - SNES, GBA)
    • Donkey Kong Land 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1996 - GB)
    • Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996 - SNES, GBA)
    • Donkey Kong Land III (1997 - GB)
    • Donkey Kong 64 (1999 - Nintendo64)
    • Donkey Konga (2003 - GameCube)
    • Mario vs. Donkey Kong (2004 - GBA)
    • Donkey Konga 2 (2004 - GCN)
    • Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat (2004 - GCN)
    • DK - King of Swing (2005 - GBA)
    • Donkey Konga 3 (2005 - GCN, Japan only)
    • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (2006 - Nintendo DS)
    • I can't choose just one
    • I never played any of them
    • I don't like any of them

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I had to base this on what was actually a DK game. The original Donkey Kong was really more about Mario jumping around. And 2 was his son doing all the work to release DK from Mario's cage. Even in 3 he was not the main character but the receiver of pesticide blasts in his nether region. Who thought of that game? In DK Country he really got to shine and do all the ape things he was born to do. To me, the first REAL Donkey Kong game.

Bypassing the whole what makes a Donkey Kong game a Donkey Kong game :)

When I first saw the title of the poll, I was thinking "well the original arcade, of course." But then after seeing the list I had to decide on Donkey Kong Country since that is the one I probably got the most enjoyment from and played for much longer periods than any other game on the list. The arcade would have to follow a very close second.

Of the ones I've played, I had to go with Donkey Kong Country also. It's just the most fun for me. The first arcade game was fun and certainly ground-breaking...but with onlly 4 different screens I eventually am ready for something else. There's lots of different things to do in Donkey Kong Country and the graphics and sound for the old SNES are pretty amazing.

Crap, I accidentally voted for Donkey Kong Land 2, which i have never played. I meant to click Donkey Kong Country 2, and i blame one Mr. James Beam for the error.

The first Donkey Kong Country was amazing, sure. But i credit DKC 2 for being a similarly snazzy-looking game that i didn't manage to tear apart in a couple of days. There's quite a bit to do, so much so that i don't think i've ever quite completed everything....

Arcade Donkey Kong. The original. Still the best.. even over the more frenetic (and yes, fun) 8-bit version. It just has more subtlety and strategy than it's ports do.

I can't believe so many people like Donkey Kong Country! Aside from the graphics that game was so shallow in the long run. Not really a Donkey Kong game either.

It's a toss-up between Jr. and 3, but I'm going to go with Donkey Kong 3.

I probably play Donkey Kong Jr. more often than 3, but I like how Donkey Kong 3 is kind of an oddball.

Donkey Kong 1's great as well, but the deaths caused by the slightest of falls piss me off. This applies to Jr. too, I guess, but I'm better at Jr. so it's not as big a deal to me. :D

It's a toss-up between Jr. and 3, but I'm going to go with Donkey Kong 3.

I probably play Donkey Kong Jr. more often than 3, but I like how Donkey Kong 3 is kind of an oddball.

At first I considered switching out the board set in my DK3 coin-op but my GF and others took a liking to the game so I kept the DK3 boardset.

I can't believe so many people like Donkey Kong Country! Aside from the graphics that game was so shallow in the long run. Not really a Donkey Kong game either.

I thought this right away when I played the game. if you remove the graphics everyone went giddy for, you had a very basic side scroller w/ sparse and easy to defeat enemies.

• 9 years later...