IGNORED

My Unique Game Room Item

Rocko

• 2 weeks later...

My picked of the litter, the seletected few. From over a 1000+ games I have in my library of collection along with my Top Ten fav games I also picked the ones I like to play the most from the 2600, Colecovision and Intelivision to todays Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox and the rest are in storage in crates cuase I dont have room to displayed all of them, but in time once I fine a bigger room maybe I could

post-5587-1115806174_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://community-2.webtv.net/AT2600COLLECTOR/Ricksgameroom/

Atari 400/800= 46

Atari 2600= 1228

Atari 5200= 5

Atari 7800= 5

Colecovision= 42

Dreamcast= 93

Famicom= 7

Gameboy= 28

Gameboy AD= 5

Gamecube= 9

Game Gear= 15

Genesis= 22

Jaguar= 5

Jaguar CD= 3

Mega Drive= 13

N64= 8

NES= 105

Neo Geo= 34

PC Engine= 4

PC Engine CD= 2

Philips CD-I= 7

Playchoice 10= 40

Playstation= 86

PS2= 17

Sega CD= 2

SMS= 5

SNES= 22

Super Famicom= 70

TG16= 16

TG16 CD= 14

Vectrex= 2

Virtal boy= 10

Xbox= 11

Total= 1981

Rick

last one i promise!!

700692[/snapback]

All Right! I thought I was the only one who knew about "Thief!" I got a dead Thief cabinet for free and put about $500 into it to restore it and it works great! I used to walk up to the corner bowling alley in the early 80's to play it with my allowance, and had to have one! Here's mine:

post-378-1117338059_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally starting to play with my digital camera. So I decided to splay out some of my collection. Sorry about the abundance of watermarks, I quickly realized that these pics could be abused. :| Comments welcome, but none of this is for sale. :D

post-3934-1118611336_thumb.jpgpost-3934-1118611347_thumb.jpg

post-3934-1118611355_thumb.jpgpost-3934-1118611366_thumb.jpg

post-3934-1118611376_thumb.jpgpost-3934-1118611387_thumb.jpg

post-3934-1118611400_thumb.jpgpost-3934-1118611411_thumb.jpg

post-3934-1118611424_thumb.jpg

Hex.

[ Absolutely has no real working life for the next year... :P ]

This isn't my complete collection by any means, but I thought you might like to see where OVGE HQ looks like inside, and basically my game room. Here we go...

itc_office1.jpg

This is the main game playing area of my office. Systems that tucked on that bookshelf are: Top Row - 7800, TG-16, Saturn, next row - 5200, 3rd row - ColecoVision, Bottom Row - SNES. On top of that giant 26inch TV sits my Genesis/32x setup. The Priority Mail box is actually the current storage for my SNES loose games.

itc_office2.jpg

Here is a close up of the systems on the book shelf. I just put some of these back from the show this weekend along with that giant TV. There isn't much room but I am able to get to the systems when I need to easy enough.

itc_office3.jpg

This is my main desk where I work during the day. As some of you might not have known, I work from home 80% of the time. That big desk PC center is 8 feet long and weighs an absolute ton I swear! Anyway, lots of storage and very nice furniture to have.

itc_office4.jpg

Here is the final shot of the office area where you can see my small Dell Opti I use for work with my scanner on top of that. The mid tower below is my primary PC. A clone I put together containing some of the best components I could buy and it has been a really solid system for me. You can also see the newly aquired DC Kiosk from this weekends OVGE. There is also a black IBM PC next to the grey one, it is just like the PCs I support in the field and has the same software loaded on it to assist me in helping techs out in the field working on the things.

Now my games themselves are scattered about. But about 75% of the carts are located in the two big grey drawers on the cabinet the TV sits on in the first pic. Here is a shot of those drawers:

2600_7800_cv_32x.jpg

There is roughly 200 - 2600 carts in that drawer and 30 7800 and CV carts. They are stacked standing two high. So these drawers hold A LOT!

gen_sms_5200_misc.jpg

Here is where the loose Genesis carts reside. I also have my loose SMS and all of my 5200 carts in here. There are some other odds n ends as well. Mainly controllers.

drawer_1.jpg

This is one of the drawers on my large computer desk center. It contains some of my boxed games and a few odds n ends as well. These drawers are just as deep as the ones that hold my carts, but wider so they can hold even more!

drawer_2.jpg

This drawer contains my tubs of loose Intelly games, and lots of loose CD only PC games. One of the top tubs also has my Saturn games in it. And of course, another box of odds n ends.

Now a lot of my boxes for my PC games and newer systems to include my Genesis games are stored in my closet in the master bedroom. It is a mess, but I manage to find what I need in there when I need it. Here are some pics of this closet of collection madness...

ataris.jpg

This is where my heavy sixer sits along side another more common 4 port. The 7800 box contains all of my manuals for games and up until recently was also where all my Atari Force comics were stored.

cube_ps2.jpg

This is a shelf in my closet where my Cube and PS2 cases are stored with their manuals. The games are keep out in smaller CD holders in the living room to keep them handy. Many Genesis boxed games are stored behind these that you can't see. I esecially love my Freelancer poster and really like the game as well.

Continued in next post...

Part 2...

gen_ps2.jpg

Here is the other half of the shelf in my closet. It has the rest of the PS2 games and you can now see some of my genesis games back there as well.

figures.jpg

Next to the Ataris, which I forgot to mention sit on a top shelf on the left hand side of my closet, I also have my Dragon's Lair figures still boxed. Behind Dirk and the others is also a boxed Sonic the Hedgehog and Shadow figures.

pc_games.jpg

Here is most of my boxed PC games. Some of the CDs have been taken out and put near my computer desk to make it easier to get to them. But that is the bulk of them. This is at the rear of my closet and is a shelf that was built into the closet when we purchased the house. My wife's closet also features this shelving in it.

sms_jag_gba.jpg

Here is the final shot that I have of my stuff. This is some more boxed games mainly SMS, Jag, lots of GBA, and a few others in there. There is a cool story behind my Speedy Gonzales doll that I might mention sometime.

I hope you have enjoyed this small tour of the Ivory Tower Collection and OVGE HQ. Feel free to email or PM me with any questions.

More splayed out pictures of my collection. . . Again, sorry about the watermarking.

My GBA cart collection.post-3934-1120431852_thumb.jpg

All six Nintendo DS games.post-3934-1120431871_thumb.jpg

The many faces of the Gameboy. The GB color with a NiCd battery pack and a new screen, the Afterburner modded GBA, the vanilla SP and DS units, and my Nomad that still needs a battery pack. (I carry an AC adapter with it everywhere it goes.)post-3934-1120431918_thumb.jpg

Last, but not least, the Neo Geo Pocket Color.post-3934-1120431896_thumb.jpg

I'll also be updating the pics from my Atari Collection as time permits.

Hex.

[ "Let me at em' Cap'N ... I'm full of tinier men!" --Living Doll; The Tick ]

I am new to posting to this site but have been collecting for quite some time. As you can see, I mostly reside over at digitpress, but I thought I would share the love of my collection with you nice folk. I am in the process of moving to Washington(Vancouver area), and I have recently boxed up my collection for a long move. I hope to have my new and inproved game room done by December....we will see!

here is the link:

http://videogamecollectors.com/gallery/Sma...h-lots-of-Games

Edited by swlovinist