IGNORED

My Unique Game Room Item

Rocko

chairmonkey4406

I am envious of that Cobalt Flux. I have the RedOctane one you have as well, but I'd much rather have the Flux. I swear, once I get a nice big place to display all my games and such it will be really sweet. I dont think I could come close to some of your guys collections, but I'm young, so I guess it could be possible =P

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't everything I have but it's a lot of it - I'm missing my NGPC, my Intellivision, and my small computer collection... plus a few games that I can't find.

I used to have all this stuff nicely displayed in my old apartment, don't really have the room for it right now, though (once I have a house I'll have a real game room)... yes, these boxes all have systems inside! Click on the pics for a bigger, nicer view; these are all resized:

oldsystems3.jpg

oldsystems2.jpg

At the top of this pic is a JVC V-Saturn, if you're wondering, shrinkwrapped by the store in Japan where I bought it used:

oldsystems1.jpg

The 5200 is too big to fit anywhere else:

lonely5200.jpg

Some older games:

08-08-2004-036.jpg

Peripherals and some games:

08-08-2004-037.jpg

Some stuff that wouldn't fit on a regular shelf:

misc.jpg

More of the same:

misc2.jpg

My currently active systems (not usually this dusty!) - I wish I could have my old systems hooked up all the time too:

activesystems.jpg

Modern games:

ps2_gcngames.jpg

DC, PS1 and import Saturn games:

dc_ps1_aturngames.jpg

Xbox, domestic Saturn & N64:

xbox_n64_saturngames.jpg

Genesis, handhelds, Neo Geo:

genesis_neogeo_handhelds.jpg

And some games I had out when I took these pics:

activegames.jpg

That's pretty much it.

Ok, these pics I've shot now:

1.jpg

800XL with the 3 disk drives 810, 1050 and XF551, program recorder XC12 and XEP80. Behind the XL there's a black-striped 2600jr, at the left side my JaguarCD system.

2.jpg

7800 and 5200 systems

3.jpg

Boxed games and my magazine archive (ST-Computer complete 1989-1993, some issues from 1996 and 2000, PD-Journal complete 1989/90 and Atari Journal 1991/92 and some TOS from 1991-1993)

4.jpg

Some books and 4 aluminium cases - they're full with loose game carts :)

5.jpg

Right side of my boxed systems

6.jpg

More boxed systems (behind the 1040 STF box there's a 520 STM again and a black 2600)

7.jpg

More books and boxes again (behind the 1020 it is a PCF554 Disk Drive)

8.jpg

PSUs and wires (need to buy a new box...)

9.jpg

Mega ST1 and TT030 boxes

10.jpg

2 800XL, 1 600XL, 1 XEGS - the upright computers are from left to right: 260ST, 2 520STM, 520ST+, 1040STF, 2 1040STE, 1040STFM, 520STFM, 520STE, MEGA STE

11.jpg

400, 800, ABC N386SX and Stacy2 Laptops

12.jpg

My tower :D - There are: Megafile 30, Megafile 44, Mega ST4, PC1, 2 Mega ST1, 2 Mega ST2, SH205, 2 Megafile 30, ABC 286/30, PC2, PC3, PC4 and another ABC 286/30

13.jpg

Janus Emulator (ISA-Card above the Disk Drives), 2 SF314, 3 SF354, SH204, 1030, 1010, 1064, 2 2600JR, 2600 woodgrain, 2600 Non-heavy sixer, 5200 4-Port

14.jpg

Some SLMC804, Portfolio with Memory Expander and 2 Parallel Interfaces, Keyboards (Mega ST, PC, XEGS), Printers 1025, 1029 and SMM804, Lynx II - Printer 1027, some 3rd party disk drives and modems, SM146, behind of it there's a SLM804

15.jpg

My controller box

16.jpg

And last but not least my TT030 system :)

Mike

My Game room is FAR FROM DONE. Its was a upstairs room I converted into a game room. Been working on it with new paint, walls cut by hand to fit (you can tell, they don't line up), rugs and other stuff since June 2003. After much Time and Cleaning the Sh*t (real animal sh*t too)from here this is what it looks like now. I took down a wall to make it more open and replaced the cracked windows (all were cracked). Added a air conditioner and had to modify the windows and wall due to the air conditioner too big and finding out the air conditioner dose not work half the time. (This room was like a oven in the past summers, had my old plastic toys melt here in the past before it had no insulation !!!! )...

post-4849-1103960830_thumb.jpg

post-4849-1103960831_thumb.jpg

post-4849-1103960832_thumb.jpg

post-4849-1103960833_thumb.jpg

post-4849-1103960834_thumb.jpg

@ SpaceCadet, Is that a Playstation Action Replay like device in the classic games box?

In fact, it is an Action Replay! And actually there's one for the Saturn there right near it too (between the NES and SNES carts). I used/use those things for playing imports. There's also an N64 import converter in there too. I really hate region coding on games; it seems so completely pointless because the people who'd actually go to the trouble of sitting through reading Japanese text are the same kind of people who are just gonna buy things like this to break the region lock anyway.

Man I'm jealous of some of you guys' setups... I wish I could have all my systems hooked up and nicely displayed all the time, and there are some obvious systems and lots and lots of games I'm missing (my goal is to at least have all the common stuff, both systems and games, and there are at least a few specific rare items I want as well). Ah well, someday I'll have a nice house...

gameroom img 0:

My NES games with the MegaMan toy next to them and some mini battlebots in front. Then on the above shelf I have some GB boxes and some loose items like McDonalds toys and stuff.

gameroom img 1:

All (most) of my systems, my 2600 games, my SNES games, INTV games, some of my Genny games, my N64 games, and a lot of other junk.

gameroom img 2:

Picture of more of my Atari stuff mainly. There's my TV with a lego tank on it, and again, more junk all over.

gameroom img 3:

:) My rarities. :D

gameroom img 4:

Adv Of Link (gold), Legend of Zelda (gold), Jungle Book

Dizzy, Pyramid, Jurassic Park, Bible Adv (black)

Wally bear, Krazy Kreatures, F-15 City War, Treasure Master

post-5631-1104230719_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1104230720_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1104230721_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1104230722_thumb.jpg

post-5631-1104230723_thumb.jpg

I know that I can get the pictures right now. :D Go to my website it got sum info on sum of em and pics of em all ( not all systems are pictured but are also listed) so dont just flip through pics. :D :D :D http://www.freewebs.com/stuffbymatt

That should be it if i didnt copy the link right. :P

:) Here's a tip that works really good for building a collection of NES, Genny, or SNES games. If you shop at Gamestop, Gamecrazy, or EB Games, be sure to sign up for their little discount card/mag subscription deal. :) Also, be sure to check to see if they have any deals or promos going on like Buy 2 get One Free or sommat. ;)

:) Here's a tip that works really good for building a collection of NES, Genny, or SNES games. If you shop at Gamestop, Gamecrazy, or EB Games, be sure to sign up for their little discount card/mag subscription deal. :) Also, be sure to check to see if they have any deals or promos going on like Buy 2 get One Free or sommat. ;)

I have that 10% dealy, but I still think its cheaper to go to flea markets.

I have that 10% dealy, but I still think its cheaper to go to flea markets.

Hell, for Genesis, at least, it's cheaper to go to Ebay!

I've decided I'm gonna focus on the Genesis until I've got all the common stuff collected, including systems... you can get a boxed system for $20 (first two versions) easily, almost any game you can name for a buck or so as part of a lot... or even individually. Easily the cheapest system to collect for next to the 2600, and there is a lot of stuff out there so probably really easy to build up a large collection. Good system too, I have a lot of good memories with it... though the best games are unfortunately among the hardest to find (unlike a system like the 2600, where most of the best games are among the most common). I also just love systems with carts that came in clamshell cases.

I decided to pull out my Toshiba NUON DVD system this week to play my favorite game again - Tempest 3000

:( I had the system put away because CD-Rs and DVD-Rs do not work on it... although it plays real CDs fine, with the VLM

Tempest 3K is awesome, a true sequel to the Jag version. :!: I use the password GLAS and start al level 34 for the stealth flippers levels.

post-845-1104647961_thumb.jpg

post-845-1104647962_thumb.jpg

post-845-1104647963_thumb.jpg

post-845-1104647964_thumb.jpg