IGNORED

My Unique Game Room Item

Rocko

Finally got off my butt and built some cabinets & shelves in my game room, so now it's somewhat organised. Did some repainting and installed new tile on the floor while I was at it. The place actually looks presentable now.

mamecab.jpg

My MAME cabinet that I converted myself from an old gutted Midway cab.

spaceinvaders.jpg

Space Invaders cocktail table.

neogeo.jpg

Neo-Geo MVS. To the left is my groovy Star Trek: The Next Generation action figure collection. You can also see part of my ten foot long Fosters beer banner that Mrs. Stingray hates with a passion.

beer1.gif

desk.jpg

Various consoles & games, along with assorted other whatnot.

console1.jpg

Assorted systems & games as well as an old composite monitor for playing systems that have composite A/V output.

console2.jpg

More game cartriges and a spiffy retro woodgrain TV for playing systems that only have RF output. Mrs. Stingray has promised to make a new set of curtains for me. As it is I just have one of the old cruddy ones thumbtacked over the window for the time being.

cornershelf1.jpg

Not game related, but here's my collection of the entire works of Stephen King. Also are assorted action figures. Boxed systems are in the closet.

-S

@ Stingray

That Mame  Cabby looks like a tight fit with that cocktail setup. Can you stand there comfortably?

It looks tighter in the picture than it actually is, although it is a pretty narrow space. Yes you can stand in there with no problem even playing two player games. I can even fit my bar stool in there with no problem when playing one player games.

-S

No haven't, but if I had an XY board to play around with I'd give it a go. Hey I might even buy one just to see if I can make it work. Thanks for the suggestion, I've never thought of trying that. :)

The cab was actually a much lesser known game -blueprint- and it was pretty well gutted out by the time I got my hands on it. Here's a better picture of it from before I re-did the game room:

fullcab.jpg

-S

Here's my wall o' games. My game room is actually a loft above our garage. When we first saw the house, one of the first things my wife said was "That would be a great place for all of your games." Meaning, I'm sure, that no one else will have to see it. One of these days I'm going to paint and do something with the floor, but for now it works pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
@ KaeruYojimbo

What is that system on the floor of the room? My monitor is horrible, and I can't see it.

It's an Atari 400 with a TI 99-4/A (beige version) sitting behind it. Here's a clearer (but darker, I just can't win) shot taken with a Kodak Signet 50 (I like my cameras classic, too.)

And here are some more parenthesis (because I didn't use enough in the first paragraph). (())(())(())

post-5573-1106672136_thumb.jpg

Here's a complete rundown:

Pac-Man (seen modeling his vintage Minnesota Twins novelty batting helmet)is stradling a Sega Genesis. In the middle of that tower is a Sega Dreamcast. Next to the tower from top to bottom: Odyssey2, Colecovision, Atari 2600, Atari 5200. Below the television: Intellivision, Atari 400, TI-99. On the right, a TurboGrafx-16 on top of an NES.

If I ever figure out a way to light it, I'll add a shot of the "Closet of Misfit Games."

One last bit of trivia. The poster on the right is the 1982 Wichita Aeros of the American Association, who were managed by Filipe Alou (most recently manager of the San Fransisco Giants) that year.