IGNORED

Garage sale find. How did I do.

koward

Found a NES this weekend with a bunch of games, alot I haven't heard of. Some of the more interesting ones... Gunsmoke (2 copies with 2 different labels?), Dragon Warrior 1 thru 4, Final Fantasy, Freedom Force, Silent Service, River City Ransom, Skull and Crossbones, and quite a few more. There were probably 30 total with a few duplicates. Paid twenty bucks. Did I do alright. Don't know to much about NES so let me know. Also just wondering for my own well being. I keep everything I find. Thanks.

Found a NES this weekend with a bunch of games, alot I haven't heard of. Some of the more interesting ones... Gunsmoke (2 copies with 2 different labels?), Dragon Warrior 1 thru 4, Final Fantasy, Freedom Force, Silent Service, River City Ransom, Skull and Crossbones, and quite a few more. There were probably 30 total with a few duplicates. Paid twenty bucks. Did I do alright. Don't know to much about NES so let me know. Also just wondering for my own well being. I keep everything I find. Thanks.

You made a great score. Dragon Warrior IV and Final Fantasy alone are worth more than that each.

So Dragon Warrior 1-4 are good games or are they rare. I haven't had time to play any of them. Sound like I did alright then?

Well, I find older RPG's with bland graphics rather boring personally...But if you are a true diehard RPG fan, you should like 'em. As far as doing ok. That lot is easily worth atleast $100, on eBay atleast... ;)

Edited by kevincal

If I still had my NES hooked up, and the battery on the cartridge is still alive, I'd pay $20 for Dragon Warrior II.

Excellent score.

that is one thing i hesitate on really... is that battery seems to be nearing its life. ive bought i think now 3 copies of zelda for the nes, and each one of them died on me. and ive tried opening the carts, but thats never really fun and it gets quite messy :ponder: id just hate to spend 100 dollars and get them and they die in a a week ya know?

If I still had my NES hooked up, and the battery on the cartridge is still alive, I'd pay $20 for Dragon Warrior II.

Excellent score.

that is one thing i hesitate on really... is that battery seems to be nearing its life. ive bought i think now 3 copies of zelda for the nes, and each one of them died on me. and ive tried opening the carts, but thats never really fun and it gets quite messy :ponder: id just hate to spend 100 dollars and get them and they die in a a week ya know?

Yeah, a LOT of my NES games are finally starting to lose their battery power. A few months ago i bought Crystalis and foolishly played it for 5 hours or so without checking the battery. Saved, went back to it later, no saves. They're not hard to replace, but yeah...if you plan on selling those DW games check the batteries first. Make sure to note that in the sale.

Should one not assume that when purchasing a vintage RPG that the battery is probably nearing the end of its life. Fortunately I have not had any of my batteries die on me yet, including Dragon Warrior 4, but I would assume that time will come soon.

And by the way, Excellent find, some of the best NES games that money can buy!

Should one not assume that when purchasing a vintage RPG that the battery is probably nearing the end of its life.

My original copy of Dragon Warrior, obtained near release and played through countless times, is still going strong. However, i have copies of Sim City and Earthbound on the SNES that won't hold saves. Can't really assume anything with that kind of randomness.