IGNORED

Something Interesting

Lucky Man

I'm sure all you list makers already know about this, but I noticed last night that a few 3rd party companies that produced games for the 2600 released the same number of games.

20th Century Fox, Imagic (including PAL Wing War) and M Network all released 17 unique games for the 2600. 17 seems like a odd number, doesn't it?

I also noticed that Apollo, Spectravision (not counting the promotional Chase the Chuckwagon) and Tigervision all released 10 games. Although that seems like a good round number that a company would probably be shooting for.

Kind of interesting, huh? Coincidence? :ponder:

I think a lot of these companies started at the same time and crashed at the same time so yeah it makes sense that they released similar amounts of games. The numbers could shift a bit when you start looking at unreleased protos.

True. There are a hell of a lot of unreleased Fox and Mattel prototypes. I wish Blue Sky Rangers would let us at a few of the games they're hoarding. :ponder:

Is it just me? Or does it seem like some of the Mattel ports to the 2600 play better than their Intellivision counter-parts, while the Atari ports to Intellivision are better than the 2600 versions?

I never played Intellivision, but I love most of Mattel's games for the 2600...even Burgertime, that doesn't get much love here. :roll:

Is it just me? Or does it seem like some of the Mattel ports to the 2600 play better than their Intellivision counter-parts, while the Atari ports to Intellivision are better than the 2600 versions?

Dont know about playing better but I would say that they are a lot harder than their INTV counterparts ;)

The M-network guys put in their best effort. They even went into making new banking schemes and such for the VCS. It was clearly a case of "if you can't beat em, join em." The 2600 was already so entrenched I really don't think either Mattel or Coleco lost a lot of console sales by selling 2600 games to that huge market.