IGNORED

jagcode

walter_J64bit

Just saw the Youtube videos of the two Jagcode 500 entries;

Tursi: Your coding on the Dreamcast has made you a very proficient coder, and it shows on your first Jag effort. Good demo but those sound effects don't Rawk. Cool Star Wars trench fighting, and the spinning earth looks nice, but no explosions?

Orion_ : The Grand Teton National Park background photo from Webshots looks fantastic! Very real and "hi res!" Haven't played it yet, and the levels look quite short but it's a cool little platformer.

Thanks to both of you, I now have something new to try on the Jag with bjl. Thanks! :D

You don't need a special BJL Jaguar, Protector SE or Belboz's BJL burnable CD image will work. Then Rick Deftlson's (More than Games site) BJL adaptor and a printer cable - a male DB25 to female DB25 shielded 3 or 6 foot cable and preferably a windows 95 or 98 computer. Although I was reading here some people use XP. But no special Jaguar is needed. :)

Likewise. I appreciate Orion's work, but Mario-style platform games don't really do much for me. Now a shoot-em-up - THAT I get excited about.

Tursi's taken some criticism for the sound effects, but I think they do the trick. I'd like to see some more work done on MA... it could become something really great.

Hello all!

hmm... can someone make cd images of these 2 games for use with jag cd or will that be illegal? (don't have a bjl jag :ponder: )

I am offering the JagCode500-staff my help for creating an encrypted CD, but:

A decision needs to be made by the JagCode500-staff and the 2 contributors whether the 2 games should first be polished up or if they should be used in the state they are currently in.

Kind regards

Matthias

Hello all!

hmm... can someone make cd images of these 2 games for use with jag cd or will that be illegal? (don't have a bjl jag :ponder: )

I am offering the JagCode500-staff my help for creating an encrypted CD, but:

A decision needs to be made by the JagCode500-staff and the 2 contributors whether the 2 games should first be polished up or if they should be used in the state they are currently in.

Kind regards

Matthias

as said before, my game is finished and I will not modify it, so you can make a jagcd iso without problem :)

That would be great! to have a cd, since it's a little easier to deal with, I wonder how Tursi feels about his game being put on CD?

Hello!

My advice would be for Tursi to really look into tweaking the

game a little more first. Or...release it now as a demo and then he'll have all the time he wants to update/cleanup the game.

At the moment i prefer the idea of having an official "JagCode 500-contest CD" containing both contest-entries in the state in which they were thrown into the contest-arena.

This way each side can only win:

- More people (those who can't upload game-images but have a Jag-CD-Player) could see in which state the games were contributed

- The developers don't loose something because they already agreed to release their contest-entries but aren't forced to put further work into them and to release this extra work for free

Anyone know how to contact the JagCode500-staff? I wasn't able to find contact-info on the www.jagcode.com-website.

Kind regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias

Hello!

My advice would be for Tursi to really look into tweaking the

game a little more first. Or...release it now as a demo and then he'll have all the time he wants to update/cleanup the game.

At the moment i prefer the idea of having an official "JagCode 500-contest CD" containing both contest-entries in the state in which they were thrown into the contest-arena.

This way each side can only win:

- More people (those who can't upload game-images but have a Jag-CD-Player) could see in which state the games were contributed

- The developers don't loose something because they already agreed to release their contest-entries but aren't forced to put further work into them and to release this extra work for free

Anyone know how to contact the JagCode500-staff? I wasn't able to find contact-info on the www.jagcode.com-website.

Kind regards

Matthias

He hangs out at Jaguar Sector II Forums and known as saboteur ;)

Edited by walter_J64bit

You don't have to be a member of Jaguar Sector II to see the forum posts.

That's fine but he can't talk to people only read.

Sabateur and or Tursi need to talk to Matthias in order for a Jagcode500 CD to be made by Matt. :) I'll send Tursi a PM on JSII directing him to this thread. So he can let Matt know if it's OK to use his game on a Jag bootable CD image.

Matthias;

I have contacted Tursi on JSII and asked for his approval in using his game on a Jagcode500 Jag bootable CD image for download (I assume this is what you intended) and he has responded positively regarding you using his game in making an encrypted CD for people. So, he has given me full approval and instructed me to post an approval here so you will know there is no problem, and of course Orion_ already said it's OK to use his game. :)

:D Thanks, Matthias for offering your skills in makng a CD for the Jag community. Let us know how it goes.