IGNORED

Famiclones

Tristars are known to have pretty good audio reproduction as far as FC clones go, if I remember correctly.

That wasn't the point. The point is that this is "incompatible with famiclones", so I would be out of luck unless I wanted to drag a top-loader to my TV set. I use my Tristar because it turns a SNES into a combo system, and that saves space.

So basically this is a CC2 for the NES. $120-$140 is a good price, seeing as how the CC2 sold pretty well at $200 until the end of the second run. And fresh clear cart shells? Someone shelled (ha ha) out the bucks to make new shells? Some folks might be interested in buying a couple hundred shells.

Shame about famiclone incompatiblity, but is it general incompatiblity, or just that the usual games won't work? If it's a general incompatiblity, then this isn't for me. Not only do I not have The Love[tm] for the NES, but my main unit is a SNES Tristar, which presumably counts as a typical famiclone.

I think you've posted to the wrong thread.

Regarding the NES Power Pak, the cart shells are new, and one of the intents of bunnyboy is to get tons of shells made for homebrew developers, as has been done for the Atari 2600 community.

So, would everyone advise against the Neo Fami?

Since you can get a Famulator for the same price (at least here in Japan) you're better off with that. I can't speak for every famiclone on the planet but I have done side-by-side comparison of the NeoFami and Famulator and can tell you the difference in quality of audio is pretty vast.

The ultimate test is Kirby. The real FC (I tested an FC Model 2, 'AV Famicom') sounded marvelous. The Famulator sounded weird. Sort of mangled. The Neo Fami sounded abysmal, and actually aggravating to listen to. At times it was more like complex static than music it was producing. :P

Edited by Epicenter

• 2 weeks later...

So... I have a weird situation here.

I got my famiclone in the mail today... and it won't even play NES carts! The auction clearly states that it'll "play all your old Nintendo games." Anyone know what a person should do? I put my NES cart in there and it's wobbly and it doesn't even hold onto it steady or anything.

I'm on my Wii right now and it won't let me cut and paste. I bought the one I linked to in my original post.

This is the system: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

I thought the system inside would be like the Game Genie and take some force to put the game in... this you just set it in and the cart moves back and forth inside... it's weird.

Edited by bretthorror

I'm on my Wii right now and it won't let me cut and paste. I bought the one I linked to in my original post.

I thought the system inside would be like the Game Genie and take some force to put the game in... this you just set it in and the cart moves back and forth inside... it's weird.

Sounds like you bought a particularly bad one. If you want to get a clone, I'g get the Yobo or FC Super Loader....both are cheap and work.

Sounds like you bought a particularly bad one. If you want to get a clone, I'g get the Yobo or FC Super Loader....both are cheap and work.

Is there any chance it only plays Japanese carts? Any way to tell if this is the case?

Is there any chance it only plays Japanese carts? Any way to tell if this is the case?

If it only took Famicom carts, then it wouldn't even go in at all.

Hm, well I have no idea. I slide the thing in and it sits in there and wobbles, you can tell it's not making any real contact with the pin connector. I'll see what the seller says. I read somewhere that sometimes you need converters with them, and they're usually included if you do.

• 1 year later...