IGNORED

2nd toughest game to find complete for Atari 5200

Atarimania75

Besides Bounty Bob......what was the toughest game for you to find Complete in box for the 5200?

I found Meteroites pretty easy to find if you were ready to pay the price. And Death Star found easily and pretty cheap! I had been searching for Zaxxon complete from the beginning and finally got one last week. Just under $60 which i think is probably a bargain being that it seemed like a very difficult find.

K-Razy Shoot Out and Frogger II don't pop up that often, certainly complete.

Frogger II shows up quite a bit and sells for pretty cheap actually! No ones grabbing McGrails because people don't want to pay that much for a game that goes for Aorund $40

I've seen some sealed Frogger II's around. Somebody must have found some. I had a hard time finding Death Star Battle and I can't remember what boxes I need at the moment. Not too many. I just need a nice loose Bounty Bob Strikes Back to go in the mint box I have.

y-bot

I'm going to say Decathlon (with the 5200 game flap, not the 8-bit version), Zenji (with the 5200 flap), or Zaxxon. I've had trouble tracking all three of these down.

I actually found 3 boxed 5200 Krazy Shootouts at a flea market once. I guess it is hard to find, but I got really lucky.

Tempest

I'm going to say Decathlon (with the 5200 game flap, not the 8-bit version), Zenji (with the 5200 flap), or Zaxxon. I've had trouble tracking all three of these down.

I actually found 3 boxed 5200 Krazy Shootouts at a flea market once. I guess it is hard to find, but I got really lucky.

Tempest

I agree that Decathlon is another very tough one to find.......I have seen Krazy Shootout around a bit but never bought one yet. And i bought Zenji from Atari2600.com! You still have one of those K-razy Shoot outs around?

I think its the first time i ever saw a complete in box Zaxxon on ebay. The great thing was the seller seemed to think the box was in pretty bad condition but i really don't think it seems that bad at all just crushed somewhat on one side but i have boxes a lot worse than this. I see Zaxxon and instructions up on ebay a lot for almost $100.

Edited by Tempest

Tempest

I agree that Decathlon is another very tough one to find.......I have seen Krazy Shootout around a bit but never bought one yet. And i bought Zenji from Atari2600.com! You still have one of those K-razy Shoot outs around?

I think its the first time i ever saw a complete in box Zaxxon on ebay. The great thing was the seller seemed to think the box was in pretty bad condition but i really don't think it seems that bad at all just crushed somewhat on one side but i have boxes a lot worse than this. I see Zaxxon and instructions up on ebay a lot for almost $100.

Nope, I sold all them a long time back. Two were in good shape, one was a bit ripped up. The guy had some other boxed CBS 5200 games that I needed for my collection as well. That was probably one of my best scores ever.

Tempest

I haven't seen many Krazy's on ebay in awhile, but I have seen NIB ones in the past. At the time they were fetching $150+ and I just couldn't justify the purchase. But I haven't seen krazy near as much of the last few years. (I still wanted a box upgrade for my collection) Zaxxon on the other hand I've seen boxed probably 4-5 times in the last couple years. I don't look every day for these two, but I randomly search 5200 specific auctions every so often, and over the last couple three years I've observed more boxed Zaxxons than Krazys.

Well, I still don't have a BBSB (teaching doesn't pay a whole lot of $, I am basically rolling pennies for my BBSB fund, donations cheerfully accepted), but the last box I had to pick up was Quest for Quintana Roo and only with that damn silver sticker (I believe the ones before that were K-Razy Shoot-Out and Zaxxon). I don't collect diagnostic carts, homebrews, or prototypes, but I do have the different releases for titles like Football and Realsports Football, and I did choose to get the 5200 flap versions that Tempest has identified, so everything else that AA lists as R1-R8 I have CIB.