IGNORED

Current Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Pocket

Abert, how big a file can I post...say an avi or something like that?

I don't believe there is a limit, but if you run into problems let me know and I can give you an FTP account to upload files to and then I can move them into a jaguar/video directory that can then be linked to from this thread.

..Al

It just seems to me a lot of the Jaguar development scene has turned into a U.S.A. vs. Europe thing... ;)

Actually, from what I've seen it seems to be more like "the rest of the world" vs. "France".

You can't told that, because you can found german developpers in Jagware community, Sweden, and a lot of others countrys :)

GT ;)

It just seems to me a lot of the Jaguar development scene has turned into a U.S.A. vs. Europe thing... ;)

Seriously, where do you see in this thread a reference to a "U.S.A. vs. Europe thing" ? Thats not the case at all. A handfull of people on JSII wanted to see this happen, but it won't !

This week end, at the AC2007, we talked about the various projects in development and we realized that we just could'nt remember everything. Between what was announced these days, what was cancelled these past months, the vaporware, the people who are leaving, coming back, changing the platform, etc. that's just a maze.

Wait a minute, lets ghet a few things straight here for a moment. I am not trying to flame here, but I have to make a very big correction, why is it always a JSII thing man? I can honestly say that the guys at JSII didn't show up at the Jagware site talking about how the developers suck and that the CF is obsolete and that people who design for it are obsolete developers because it isn't practical. GT Turbo came to JSII and said that about the developers and the CD System. This is a fact, I am sure that if we worked really hard to find the posts, we could point to the proof. People at JSII were really interrested in what they were doing until that attitude was taken, plus the constant threatening to release the ROM for Battlesphere was a bit uncalled for as well, especially because it keeps being brought up, a very fair point to make. I want to support each and every Jaguar project that arrises for the system as I am a fan as well as a freelance developer for the system with Metro Blaster, but certain attitudes that have arrisen out of this stupid war is really bad, like the whole "JSII Sucks" or AA Sucks" or "Whoever Sucks", it's not just JSII as the guys at Jagware have thrown some shit too, it is a fact, so no, it wasn't a "few People at JSII that wanted this war", it was a few people from several different boartds that got involved, including some p0eople from Atari Age also. It's the attitude that JSII is always at fault that pisses us off, especially since not a damn thing had been said in forever until Jagware "Joked" that they released the Battlesphere ROM on April 1st, and you can't say it was only a joke, it may have been to an extent, but it was also a ploy to get T-Birds attention and to heat things up again right before the Atari Connexion show, generating interrest. Like Bella Lugosi said, "There is no such thing as bad press." I add, especially if it is controversial as it adds interrest to whomever seems like the victim. We were evil for getting mad about Jagwares little joke, which they KNEW would rhile things up and if they act like they didn't, well think about it, each of you, do you really think that this wasn't going to upset some people and start the whole thing over again? So, it's JSII that started this whole thing? I think it should stop, but won't until all involved stops making cheap shots as we will also to get back at ya', like my April Fool's "Joke".

I don't believe there is a limit, but if you run into problems let me know and I can give you an FTP account to upload files to and then I can move them into a jaguar/video directory that can then be linked to from this thread.

..Al

I'll try uploading something soon.

Here's a screenshot of the current alpha-version of Jag Jag Revolution:

post-8748-1176929184_thumb.jpg

Is that with or without the CF?

without

as already said, there is only one prototype of the cf and it's not the final one so we can dev on cf actually. (except the creator of the cf :P)

Edited by Orion_

Here's a screenshot of the current alpha-version of Jag Jag Revolution:

post-8748-1176929184_thumb.jpg

Is that with or without the CF?

without

as already said, there is only one prototype of the cf and it's not the final one so we can dev on cf actually. (except the creator of the cf :P)

Are those real polies or animation?

Seeing a work like that on a RAW Jag is impressive.

Very good.

Schaamokin Gorf!

Only 1 suggestion watching the video - seemed finding the right line to send a missile down could get tricky - any thoughts on some way to visualize where you and the enemy is in the 3D world?

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys...here it is...my idea, albeit early stages, of what galaxian 3D should

look like on the jaguar.(minus the background stuff right now... ;) )

http://www.atariage.com/gorf/Galax3D.mpg

Thanks to Albert for setting me a spot up on the FTP.

:D

I like this video, nice and smooth 3D :)

I wonder how it plays.

(T2K, you completly missed my point. If the handful people I was talking about were on the moon, then I would have said people on moon.

I'm not talking about who started what or who said what in first place, I don't care and this topic is not the place for, thanks)

Very good.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The background picture is just that, a still RGB16 picture ; in the JagCF version, this will be replaced by a streamed video. The arrows are just ugly sprites I've "drawn" to test the algorithm ; I'll ask a graphics guy to make real ones :)

Thanks.

Pocket....the pics in order are.

In order...

The first single post is Former Gorf 3D Galax screen

The second single post is Former Gorf 3D Lazer Attack screen

Then the five

Kyrbyte3D, tank screen(TRONish)

Kylrbyte3D, cycles screen(TRONish)

Star Kingdom 3D(like star Castle in 3d)

Paddle Baddles.....Quads(quadra pong in 3D)

Surrounded!

Well, I was right, most of my answers were wrong :P

Ok the list is updated :)

titles In progress you wont see for at least two years.

'Jaguar Tank Combat 3D'

'Star Kingdom3D'

'Paddles Baddles3D'

'CataKylr3D'

'Space Rocks 3D'

Are these titles Force Design ones or 3D Stooges ?

Frog, I think you missed this post ?

Very good.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The background picture is just that, a still RGB16 picture ; in the JagCF version, this will be replaced by a streamed video. The arrows are just ugly sprites I've "drawn" to test the algorithm ; I'll ask a graphics guy to make real ones :)

Ah I see. Ok...now if you can get that working in 3D polies THAT would be smokin!

Ah I see. Ok...now if you can get that working in 3D polies THAT would be smokin!
Well yes. But I'm not a fan of 3D, especially on the Jag. And with video streaming, you can cheat and use good-looking pre-rendered 3D graphics anyways :P

I cant cheat...i would not be able to look in the mirror. I'll just have to

stick with the poly rendering.

I cant cheat...i would not be able to look in the mirror.
As long as you don't pretend it's computed in realtime when it's not... Tursi's game used precomputed sprites for the 3D effect, I heard something similar is used in Tempest 2000 for the "lava mat" in the bonus levels ; that's fine with me. After all, making a game is often akin to prestidigitation, i.e. cheating without the player realizing it (simplified physics, approximated but fast math, etc.)

And precomputed 3D is not a realistic option for "free" 3D environments such as those in your games, so you wouldn't be able to cheat in this way even if you wanted to ;)

Edited by Zerosquare