IGNORED

Gameboy Advance question.

First I hope I have this in the right forum. I currently have a Gameboy advance and I am looking to get another one because I thought I remember hearing at one point that you can link the 2 together with a cable. Is this true ? Can this be done with a gameboy advance to a gameboy advance sp ? If looking on ebay what would be a good price to pay for either system?

First I hope I have this in the right forum. I currently have a Gameboy advance and I am looking to get another one because I thought I remember hearing at one point that you can link the 2 together with a cable. Is this true ? Can this be done with a gameboy advance to a gameboy advance sp ? If looking on ebay what would be a good price to pay for either system?

Gameboy Advance talk currently straddles classic gaming and modern gaming, because it has been around a long time, but is still for sale.

Yes, you can link the 2 together with a cable. You can even link up to 4 systems together if you have 3 cables. Some games need only one game cartridge for multiplayer; others require that each player has his/her own cartridge for multiplayer. There are threads here on single cartridge multiplayer - what games are you thinking of doing this with? Mario Kart is a great single game multiplayer cart.

Yes, a gameboy advance can link with an SP. They use the same cable. You cannot link to a Game Boy Micro unless you get a special adapter, as the Micro uses a smaller cable slot. Nintendo DS machines cannot play Game Boy games in multiplayer mode at all.

Look around on ebay yourself - Game Boy Advances are very cheap. Try to avoid units with scratched screens. SP's are relatively cheap - the "version 2" ones with the backlit screens cost more - and are still available new today.

Nintendo DS doesn't work with GBA link games/ I coulda swore it did.

Yeah, 128 pretty much covered it all though. If I was to make a suggestion for a fun multiplayered game, I'd say Advance Wars (one and two...and three if you gto a DS) You can play this multiplayered on one system, multiboot on several systems, or have multi carts on multiple systems to get extra cutscenes and such. Awesome game.

Ty everyone for the advice. I'm not sure about what games to play, but it is funny that you mention Mario Kart because I do like that on G.C.

I was just in EB the other night when this thought occured to me becuase my brothers and I are always fighting over who get to play the system. Solution is now given.

thanks again. :D