IGNORED

H.E.R.O. cheat

aceha1

I actually discovered this one back in the day on my own, as long as you know how to and have a system thats easy to "fry" this is a piece of cake.

I think the old switch 2600 work the best for them. Plug in HERO and turn the system on. It should start up with the demo. Lightly tap the power switch down so it turns the console off but just for a mili-second and then turns back on. you should just get a quick blip of static when it's just off the "on" position. Eventually you will get a screen where the miner is just sitting there. You can hear your character but cannot see him. Just wait for the timer to run out. When you "die" you will start back on level one with 256 lives (You wont be able to tell how many lives you have since the lives counter will be scrambled.

Yup! I figured that out since last post! My confusion was due to the fact that I didn't know what "frying" was! I thought "fry" was a typo for "fly"! This cheat kicks ass since there is NO WAY you could complete the game with just 3 guys, no WAY.. Thanks man!

You mean there's no way you could do that.

Because I did it! :P

I, as well :D

"We went in a cave and rescued some men!"

"We did it!"

"We did it!"

"We did it!"

"Oh yes, we did it!"

(I'm sorry, I'm watching "Dora the Explorer" with my little one each morning :lolblue:)

My kids like Dora too. Have you seen this funny parody?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7eLgaddI4

Cheers!

are there any more games thast this works on? thanx

A lot of games can be "fried," but most of them don't give you infinite/many lives as a result. Sometimes graphics are garbled, sometimes new game variations are produced, sometimes your player ends up in a place the game normally wouldn't allow, and sometimes the game is rendered completely unplayable. Sometimes it's a combination of things. Back in the day I would look forward to getting a new game, not just to play it, but to see what secrets it yielded when frying.

Nowadays I'm too scared to play with the power switch like that.