IGNORED

Does the Spectravideo Compumate keyboard work on the 7800?

Rybags

• 13 years later...
14 hours ago, JihemB said:

Hello.

For the records, I answer 13 years later : Yes it works !

I just performed the test on PAL Atari 7800+ PAL Cpmputer.

I was a little bit difficult to plug the joystick socket without prolongator, but I succeeded anyway.

Hilarious, and you rock that you did answer!!  I had the opportunity to buy one of these for $40 about a year or so ago and didn't.  Still kicking myself.

On another note:  Have you ever seen/worked with a Marjoc RomScanner?  I'm curious about how much they go for, and if they are fun to own?  Thanks.

Evan

Hi Evan.

No, I never see an actual Marjac RomScanner even for sale on eBay or anywhere else.

About 6 months ago I saw a Videoplexer for sale but the auction ends between $250 and $300 !

BTW : I wanted to test Compumate against ColecoVision Atari 2600 adapter too but unfortunately the form factor of the ComputeCartridge prevents it to be inserted completely in the Coleco 2600 adapter cartridge hole (because of the thickness of the back of the cartridge increases just before the wires ouput).

JihemB

• 3 months later...

I can't tell if these hardware prices are real anymore.  This stuff is getting more rare.  Would the Compumate at $250 be worth it?  I just can't tell.

Too funny about your testing!  Also, have you ever tried to DO anything with the Compumate?  I know how limited it is.  If it wasn't so damn rare hacking it would be fun.

Evan