IGNORED

south park tonight? [video posted!]

popeal

i was laughing so hard when the priest was going through the caverns, they end up showing a rendering of atari 2600 pitfall!  anyone seen this?  it was just on, and i thought it was funny!

Mmmmmmmm, my TiVo recorded it, but I haven't watched it yet. You can bet I'll be doing that in a few minutes!

..Al

God, I LOVE you guys! Thanks, Al, for putting that up. I just got home from work - started reading this post - thought to myself - "Man, wish I didn't have to work nights so that I could actually watch some of this stuff..." Then, what do I find at the bottom of this post? A CLIP! FOR MY PLEASURE! AWESOME! If I could find a wife who would do such things for me - I'd be in heaven. LOVE YOU! (In a manly, testosteroney way... with explosions and car chases.)

no QT here either at least at work!

Sorry, I need to see if I can find something to convert Quicktime into MPEG and DivX without spending five million dollars. I'm not a huge fan of Quicktime either, but it sure was easy importing that clip on my Mac. :)

..Al

no QT here either at least at work!

Sorry, I need to see if I can find something to convert Quicktime into MPEG and DivX without spending five million dollars. I'm not a huge fan of Quicktime either, but it sure was easy importing that clip on my Mac. :)

..Al

LOL.... Coooool clip. And yupp I am sure someone is going to try and sue them :D .

BTW Albert check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/ . You can probably find som good tips there on how to convert your clip to Mpeg. What's the format of your source file?

Yes, thanks. :D

PS: I have try to convert the files to MPG, but it has not work with TMPGEnc. Not supported or something like that stand there.

But in the past I have sometimes convert Mov files to Mpg. But these files are a bit diffrent. :|

PS: I have try to convert the files to MPG, but it has not work with TMPGEnc. Not supported or something like that stand there.

It was encoded with the latest version of iMovie 2 on OS X. I assume this uses the latest Quicktime codec, which may not yet be supported by TMPGEnc. I'm going to play around with this later today, as I have some other footage (such as video of PhillyClassic!) that I want to import, and I'm not going to be a slave to Quicktime. :)

..Al

I have converted the files to MPG 1. They dont look that hot because they are recompressed and besides MPG 1 is starting to feel it's age. But most people should be able to watch them. Anyway here's the links:

South Park Pitfall (Large 2.3MB)

South Park Pitfall (Small 900KB)

I would appreciate if you could move the files to the AtariAge server as soon as possible. Since I need the space myself soon...

I would appreciate if you could move the files to the AtariAge server as soon as possible. Since I need the space myself soon...

Thanks for converting them! I've copied the files to our server, and changed the links in your message so they point to the new location, so you can safely remove them. :)

..Al

I saw this wednesday night. I figured someone would post something about it. I almost died laughing when it showed him running through the pitfall caverns. Although I don't think most of the people who watch the show got the joke, (not many of MY friends have heard of Atari) I understood it and thought it was great! It was the best part of the episode.