IGNORED

Happy Halloween (WIP)

atari2600land

Hm... what about changing the name to "Halloween Hunt" or "Halloween Chase" ? I think the game should at least have "halloween" in the name when you wanna release it as a "halloween-cart".

The "Red Skeleton" set-up could also be nice but i personally prefer the current one, i already got used to that little pumpkin and i like it :)

I like "Halloween Hunt." I'll change the title screen tomorrow just to see what it would look like.

What's new in this version:

-Added thunder to the lightning

-Added 2 new mazes for a total of 24 so far.

I think I'll put in 30 mazes and add a special Easter egg in there somewheres. I don't think I'll add a black and white option this time because all the mazes would be various shades of gray, and that'd be blah compared to the colorful walls i have now. Of course, if you only have a black and white TV, they'd be black, gray and white anyway. Why is there a b&w switch on the 2600 anyway? Next up to put in the game: 6 more mazes and the easter egg. I'm bored of making up new mazes for now, so I'll work on the easter egg next.

By the way, Shawn Sr. suggests "Happy Halloween" for a title. What do you think of that?

hh070807.bas.bin

hh070807.bas

Edited by atari2600land

If your gonna do a name change, change it to "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" straight to the point and a great name to boot!! Well you can do it yourself or I'll just reprogram it when you send me the final BIN to burn and I'll just make all the labels say whatever I want them too anyhow. :lol: :P

Update:

What's new:

-A new maze (level 25)

-title screen change

-Easter egg

For now, I want people to try and find the easter egg, so I won't be adding the .bas file, which would contain the answer. I think it's really well hidden, but I wouldn't mind if I was proved wrong.

happyhall070907.bas.bin

Shawn says since I don't have Paypal, he doesn't want to produce the game for me. I'll ask Albert if he'll stock it in the store for me.

Ya I can't do this one for him cause I can't afford to overhead all the costs of making all the carts out of my own pocket and without paypal or a for sure way to get paid for doing all the work envolved. I think it might be best for someone else to produce this one.

I'm more than sure someone else will be able to help you out Chris, Sorry I can't do this for you. Maybe another time. :)

I just thought it would be nice if you could include a victory screen for finishing all 30 levels (if you have enough rom-space left)...

I think I'll have enough rom space to add a little victory screen. I'll work on reducing and/or eliminating the shortcuts this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New maze added (level 28). I don't know if Albert is going to put this in the store or not, so until I hear back from him, I'm not sure whether it will be in the AtariAge store or not. I still hope to get this done by September 1, whether it's store-bound or not.

happyhall081007.bas.bin

happyhall081007.bas