IGNORED

AtariWriter manual

yorgle

• 2 years later...

Anyone have a scan or pdf of the AtariWriter manual? I did a search on this forum and found one for AtariWriter Plus, but not for the original version. Even a "cheat sheet" of the basic codes would be helpful. Thanks.

I have the manual and quick reference card. The manual is ~50 pages and my scanner is not hooked up. If there's not a scan available, I can put one together (eventually)...

• 2 weeks later...

Fox-1,

I think you are trying to confuse the AtariWriter Plus with the original AtariWriter. The original AtariWriter came on a cartridge. Although I don't recall the documentation being on the AtariWriter Plus disks, I could be wrong. It has been 20+ years since I looked at those applications.

Kylev

Anyone have a scan or pdf of the AtariWriter manual? I did a search on this forum and found one for AtariWriter Plus, but not for the original version. Even a "cheat sheet" of the basic codes would be helpful. Thanks.

I have the manual and quick reference card. The manual is ~50 pages and my scanner is not hooked up. If there's not a scan available, I can put one together (eventually)...

I scanned the whole thing, but the result was > 50 MB. Even with further compressing and converting to pdf it comes in at ~15. Further compression starts to make parts hard to read. There's really nothing useful in there besides text and I'm assuming most people just want the information, so I will try to extract text with OCR.

Alternatively, if people really want to see it in all its glory (though mine is a pretty worn copy), I can make the scans available to someone who has more skills than I at making a portable, readable version. Perhaps I could send to one of you on a CD or an SD card and they would post the results. Send me a PM if you want to volunteer.

I think you are trying to confuse the AtariWriter Plus with the original AtariWriter. The original AtariWriter came on a cartridge. Although I don't recall the documentation being on the AtariWriter Plus disks, I could be wrong.

That's a good one. I only use/used 8-bits with extended memory so it was probably AW+. Actually, I don't think I ever used my AW cartridge.

The AW+ disk I have (a copy) has a manual on the disk but I don't know if it's an official one. Never checked my original disk.

• 7 months later...