IGNORED

Scarface or Godfather

AtariJr

Since the games from what I can tell seem very similar in gameplay, even down to the point that they are both based on movies... I was wondering for those who bought either or both which one you like the best out of the two GTA "clones" and why.

I haven't played Scarface yet, but Godfather Blackhand is a great deal of fun. The controls are what really make the game stand out because you can "grab" people and objects with the wiimote and throw them around. I'm only about a third of the way through so far, but there are alot of "off mission" things to do and places to explore. The sandbox is probably a little bigger than the area in GTA III, but not as big as Vice City. The environments are very well done and are better looking than the PS2 version, though you can still tell that it's a port. I'll be glad when they start coding specifically for the Wii.

All in all, I'd definitely rent them both first before you commit $50. If you can wait until they're at Player's Choice price, get both. :D

I haven't played Scarface yet, but Godfather Blackhand is a great deal of fun. The controls are what really make the game stand out because you can "grab" people and objects with the wiimote and throw them around. I'm only about a third of the way through so far, but there are alot of "off mission" things to do and places to explore. The sandbox is probably a little bigger than the area in GTA III, but not as big as Vice City. The environments are very well done and are better looking than the PS2 version, though you can still tell that it's a port. I'll be glad when they start coding specifically for the Wii.

All in all, I'd definitely rent them both first before you commit $50. If you can wait until they're at Player's Choice price, get both. :D

yea that seems to be what im doing with a lot of titles right now that i have interest in , like that marble game and cooking mama. i think this august and on is going to be the beginning of the end of these ports, which is good. im excited to see what else they will be making. i think the last sandbox type game port is going to be Driver. im curious to see how they do the controlls and stuff in that game. i missed out on the ps2 version, so im curious to see how the game is , esp compaired to scarface and godfather.

I picked up Scarface only for the reason that it is closer to a GTA game than Godfather. They are both GTA style games and all but Scarface was similar to Vice City and I'll enjoy it. (Now all I need to do is open the game and play it!)

As for Driver... gee I haevn't played one of those games since the first one on PS1... might give it a go.

Best way to choose between Scarface and Godfather is the amount of Wii movement you want and language. Godfather has a lot of motion based moves for beating people etc whereas Scarface has the point and shoot for gunplay but not much more. Godfather has pretty tame language compared to Scarface. (Scarface... like the movie features a ton of swearing... some say perhaps too much but if you liked the movie I think you'd be okay... apparently the IGN guys turned down the volume after hours of playing as the swearing got a little old on them, not one for parents to play with the kids around.) :)

an you still aim and shoot with godfather? or is that only on scarface? if you can it sounds like Godfather sounds more like the type of game for me. and yea, i havent played driver since the first one, so i was interested in this. also doesnt look too bad looking either.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played both for a while and Scarface is better IMO. It has one of the best beginnings I ever played through in recent memory. To me, Godfather has a bit too much "fluff" while Scarface is a bit more direct when it comes to having fun and accomplishing objectives.

I've played both for a while and Scarface is better IMO. It has one of the best beginnings I ever played through in recent memory. To me, Godfather has a bit too much "fluff" while Scarface is a bit more direct when it comes to having fun and accomplishing objectives.

I agree with compacho. I didn't consider the godfather game to be "fluff" I just felt the game was way too short. I still enjoyed the godfather but was bummed with almost finishing it in a week. I have the xbox versions of both I think the wii version of godfather has extra content, not sure on that....I like the scarface game better. Iv'e been having a lot of fun with it.

I couldnt beat the first level of scarface(yeah I know really bad) BUT I really enjoyed the godfather more

It was a tough level which I thought was odd for the initial level to the game... once I played a few times and got into the swing of things... I've really found Scarface to be cool.

Scarface has some cool elements that I enjoy.. rebuilding your empire is a cool concept. I look forward to playing more of this one.

Haven't played Godfather yet so that one will be a future purchase.