IGNORED

Gunship on Atari 8-Bit?

dr. kwack

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 9:39 AM, Jetboot Jack said:

I find that extremely unlikely - the only Jag Dev we did was in the UK and was porting 68K Tin Head as proof of concept, avoiding the custom chips as much as possible ?

Why on earth would we have done "3D modelling" before having code up and running, sounds fish -since all the assets were already created for the PC at various LOD's and those would have been used for POC or test purposes if such work had been undertaken, of which I have no recollection...

sTeVE

Paul Hibberd (Group publishing Director of Microprose) was another source i tried finding, as he was quoted in UK press a few months before the UK Jag launch. 

Could never find him to contact him, doubt he'd of known much, but i always try and find multiple sources. 

49 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Paul Hibberd (Group publishing Director of Microprose) was another source i tried finding, as he was quoted in UK press a few months before the UK Jag launch. 

Could never find him to contact him, doubt he'd of known much, but i always try and find multiple sources. 

Huffy was little involved with development - and sadly has recently passed away...

sTeVE

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Jetboot Jack said:

Huffy was little involved with development - and sadly has recently passed away...

sTeVE

That's really sad to hear. 

Sometimes you can strike lucky with PR people. 

The guy from Core Design PR department who'd been responsible for sending the press early Tomb Raider screens was fantastic, especially at a time Jeremy Heath-Smith refused to answer emails. 

He'd told the press the screens were early mock-ups, final systems yet to be decided and it was the press who'd decided to proclaim them as Jaguar CD and 3DO shots 🙄

We later found Jeremy Heath-Smith saying the Jaguar was only ever going to get upgraded Sega Mega CD games. 

Double-barrelled name, single digit IQ.. - that's a little harsh/judgmental/unfounded...

I worked with Jeremy and his brother Adrian at EIDOS and Crystal Dynamics - Core Design was a very creative and exciting developer for many, many years - and Jeremy was a key part of that company from inception in 1988...

sTeVE

• Like 1

Yes, you are probably right, re Jeremy, I'd only heard negatives about him for what little I heard.. Not enough to say what I did...Apologies to him and anyone who was annoyed by that..

No disrespect to Core at all, they pumped out high grade titles, when you saw Core Design you expected a good game and I can't remember a title that wasn't classy...C'mon, who's going to knock Rick Dangerous :)

(I spent far too much time on that game, that and Thunderhawk and many other Core stuff, maybe not so much Chuck Rock even though it was a good platformer.)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Sorry for the extra post, but I'm so annoyed with myself for falling in to the rumours level, normally I only speak about folks I've met and had proper interaction with, I've never to my knowledge met Jeremy bar possibly asking questions at a trade show, so yes, bad form on my part to talk based on a rumour mill.

Will do better..Apologies Steve, not normally that sort of person..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1