IGNORED

any new games going to come out for the jaguar?

big pimp

New software for the Jaguar to run, sounds cool huh? :) Well, you never know something on that Homebrew Thread list may be finished and ready for sale at anytime, and without prior announcement. :cool: But, unfortunately some developers have left the scene or have been driven away by FWTs, no appreciation from the community, low sales, system abandonment, and the possibility of new pirating methods. We will have wait to see what gets released.

New software for the Jaguar to run, sounds cool huh? :) Well, you never know something on that Homebrew Thread list may be finished and ready for sale at anytime, and without prior announcement. :cool: But, unfortunately some developers have left the scene or have been driven away by FWTs, no appreciation from the community, low sales, system abandonment, and the possibility of new pirating methods. We will have wait to see what gets released.

Since you mentioned piracy... i have a question.

I am heavy into my 2600 and own a Jaguar as well. the Homebrewers seem to have no trouble publishing their roms for free downloads. I know I often do to try on my Krok cart. but when I find one I really like, I buy the carts. I think I have even bought hacks in carts...

Why is it diff with the Jag? i have been tossing around buying the CD addon, but it so expensive I look for reasons to invest in it.

some developers have left the forums ,but do still work on jaguar titles :cool:

sometimes the suspense makes the final product even more exciting hah hah

sometimes the suspense makes the final product even more exciting hah hah

very true! :cool:

Why is it diff with the Jag?

There's probably a lot more work involved in making a Jaguar game, than a simple 2600 game. With the Jaguar, the development tools are not optimized at all making work much more tedious - I've heard the Jag is hell to code for, the time investment in making a more complex game is much greater, most all homebrew Jag games are on CD which can be copied much easier than rom chips, the Jaguars' fans have had to defend themselves from attacks from people who are against the system in some way or another (i.e. the Jag is not 64-bit) - since the beginning in '94 so the Jag community is on the defensive all the time. But, with the substantial work involved in making a good Jag game, makes the developers want to be compensated monitarily, by selling their work. Their have been several free Jag games for DL made available though. So, the coping of developers work when a new CD game is released, reducing their sales, makes them want to leave Jaguar development. They don't want to work for months and sell only a few games, because CD rips are going around. The few Jag developers around now, get a lot of negativity from numorous unappreciative people on the forums, so they figure, screw the Jag scene and abandon the system. The JaguarCF (by Jagware) is in development, and may contain the ability to "run roms" which some people think will make Jag fans buy less carts & Cds for the system. That's the potential pirate device I mentioned. I think like you though, even if the JagCF does have the ability to run roms, as a hard core Jag fan since '94 I would definitely buy the original cart or CD offering from the developer, just to support their efforts. However, some people not as Jag crazy don't want to spend the money, if the same rom is available for DL - even if it means that devver will abandon his Jag coding activities because of low sales in an already niche market. So, with the Jag being harder to make games for, the makers don't want to give free DLs, usually. Jag devvers usually get a copyright for their game, and want their intellectual property protected. There's probably other reasons most Homebrew Jag games are not for free DL, that I am missing right now, but these are some of the reasons, GORF here on AA could answer this better, he's one of the Jag's premier developers.

Oh... and Jaguar fans are a rabid species. :P

Edited by ovalbugmann

Well if people did not troll so much, developers might want to hang around.

this made me laugh a bit, when I saw how many posts you had here, and how many projects you have currently in development ^^

This makes about as much sense as you thinking 450 polies a frame is something else.

I guess I can handle more things in a given time than you. Go figure.