IGNORED

E3 Predictions and Wishes

Anyone want to post their predictions and wishes for what's about to go down at E3? I think xbox might lower price causing a sensation and taking news away from the ps3. Again, it's just a thought. I sure hope that Sony announces a shitload of exclusives and a rumble controller in the works.

Anyone want to post their predictions and wishes for what's about to go down at E3? I think xbox might lower price causing a sensation and taking news away from the ps3. Again, it's just a thought. I sure hope that Sony announces a shitload of exclusives and a rumble controller in the works.

Wishes:

Microsoft makes an X-Box 360 that works.

Sony makes the PS3 available at a realistic price.

Nintendo makes standard controls an option on all releases.

Anyone want to post their predictions and wishes for what's about to go down at E3? I think xbox might lower price causing a sensation and taking news away from the ps3.

Aren't they STILL losing money on every 360 sold? Wouldn't lowering the price be suicide? Unless they've managed to lower the manufacturing cost and didn't tell anyone.

"Sure we lose money on every system we sell, but we make it up in volume!"

Tempest

Anyone want to post their predictions and wishes for what's about to go down at E3? I think xbox might lower price causing a sensation and taking news away from the ps3.

Aren't they STILL losing money on every 360 sold? Wouldn't lowering the price be suicide? Unless they've managed to lower the manufacturing cost and didn't tell anyone.

Tempest

They haven't been losing money on the 360 for awhile now. MS was making around $75 a console when the PS3 launched, I'd imagine it's more now. And no it wasn't a secret. It was announced.... months ago. (And to think I thought you did some research before taking the next gen plunge.) :cool:

Here's some links with more info (Notice the dates):

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2006/12/01.9.shtml

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155499

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061116-8239.html

Edited by moycon

Tempest

I've heard that with the low cost of the new features implemented on the Elite, they'll actually turn a profit on those. And they're selling well. So they probably could afford to drop the low-end models a little bit to take some of the cheapskate shine off the Wii. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but i guess it seems feasible. And anyway, unlike the original Xbox, the 360 was built to eventually turn a profit. They'll make money one day. :)

I hear Nintendo's opting not to show off the one game most people really care about, Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My prediction on that? Despite an alleged Fall release date, it's nowhere near done, and the screenshots they've been parading around are nothing more than glorified concept art. I expect it to be pushed back until next year, fun intact, but with 50% more ugly than promised. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Sony predictions? I don't know...sitting in the corner and sobbing? It's really sad they're so off their game lately...i really and truly was looking forward to the PS3, but now i don't know how many years it'll be, if ever, until i have a reason to buy one. Sadly enough, the first thing i'll need out of it probably will be the Blu-Ray player when i upgrade my tv again. :(

Hmmm...wishes?

Sony remembers the games that made it money in the first place and annouce new Jumping Flash 3 and a Twisted Metal Anniversary Collection.

Namco finally remembers that it owns more than 6 arcade titles.

Nintendo goes retro and makes new versions of its old games with funkier new graphics (like Taito did for Space Invaders).

No predictions, but a few things I'd like:

I'd like to see some big, AAA-potential 3rd party announcements for the Wii. A nice start would be hands-on time w/ Soul Calibur Legends and the game not sucking. Nights not sucking would also be really, really good. ;)

Names, dates and pricing for Neo Geo games on the VC.

Official announcement of DS Download Station Channel for the Wii.

A new DS model with a bigger screen.

I'd like to see an inexpensive, wireless, arcade joystick for the 360 (XBLA).

PS3 price drop announcement (and perhaps a free game offer for recent adopters).

Let's see my wish list:

PS3 News

-----------

The ability to play PSP games on the PS3

News about FF XIII

Some nice PS3 exclusives

News about Eternal Sonata coming to the PS3...

Wii News

-----------

Some sort of alternate controller scheme for games

New games that AREN'T mini-games, party games, or something with a numeral greater than 3 in the title

A decent RPG for the Wii

Tempest

Hmmm...wishes?

Sony remembers the games that made it money in the first place and annouce new Jumping Flash 3

Haven't you heard? A JF3 got released way back in 1999. It was called Robbit Mon Dieu, and, sadly, it sucked. I've been trying to make a Jumping Flash 4, but progress has been going very slowly. I agree that it would be nice if Sony announced one to take the weight of making a new sequel off my back.

Hmmm, lets see...

Wii games that make good use of the unique control scheme (so they don't have a tacked on feel). Preferably less pointing and more swinging/slashing/shaking of the controller.

Additional systems on the Virtual Console

Downloadable demos for Wii games (which probably will never happen due to the small amount of on board memory.

PSP 2.0

DS with a larger screen

More Xbox 360 exclusives

FF XIII news

A wireless XBLA stick would be nice.

Edited by Lord Helmet

1. PS3 price drop. I'd like to get one for a Blu-Ray player and for the eventual good exclusive but not at the current price point.

2. Xbox announcing some way to keep downloadable content without being on Live when my system dies the next time. Or just start making ones that don't quit on me. Either way.

3. Somebody makes game for the wii that I actually want to play. No not a party game where 4 people wave wii-motes and drink beer, but an actual game I can sit down and enjoy playing alone.

4. I'd like either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to die and die quickly. I'm tired of this two format crap. It sucks for retailers. It sucks for customers. I don't care which one it is. As far as my pea brain is concerned they are both close enough to the same thing they might be identical. Just one of them die already.

5. I'd like a MMORPG for the 360. It also has to have no extra fees. I already give $50 a year to play on Live and that's al they are gonna get.

Predictions:

- New Zelda on Wii

- New Mario for DS

- News on Resident Evil 5

- News on Quake Wars

- Sony makes a stupid comment or phrase

- PS3 is planned to drop its price with a radical change in hardware

- News on the Alien FPS and RPG

- Nintendo announces more colours for Wii

Wishes:

- New Zelda on Wii

- New Mario for DS

- News on Resident Evil 5

- New Game Boy with VC Portable with GG, Lynx, GT and GB/GBC games and with GC graphics.

- Street Fighter 4

- MDK for DS or PSP.

Predictions:

* Well, we're pretty sure there's a $100 PS3 price drop coming.

* Microsoft will follow suit with a drop of their own.

* Nintendo won't drop the Wii price.

* A redesigned PSP will be shown.

* NO NEW DS will be shown. Except for maybe some color variations.

* More PS2 titles will be shown than PS3. :P

DS wishes (Since I don't have any other system right now):

* A frickin GOOD baseball game

* An Everquest type MMORPG. Jeez, c'mon people!

* Death of the Brain games.

* Xybots for the DS (in maybe an Atari Arcade collection.)

* A U.S. release of the Game & Watch games.

Edited by Gregory DG

Nintendo:

Announces that they are purchasing the classic Atari properties from Infogrames, and porting those games to the virtual console. Or just license them, whatever.

You would have Nintendo make the Atari classics into Nintendo exclusives?

Welcome to the Dark Side. :evil:

We would need to buy Nintendo consoles to play the games :x. Please Atari stay as a software company.

Why would Nintendo declare that they'd use a traditional control scheme on all their future releases? The selling point of the wii is the controller. Take that away, and it's just a gamecube. I'd say if there's one thing they WON'T do, it's that.

If there's any Wii Ware games ready to be shown, that'd rock.

I agree games for the Wii need to have 2 controller modes,one mode for the Wiimote and a second one for a standard controller.

As far as predictions and or wishes go for E3.....

1)PS3 price drop

2)XBox 360 price drop

3)New Wii exclusive games

4)New Poke'mon games for Wii and DS(Thats a no brainer)

5)StreetFighter 4(Yeah, right)

6)New music/dance games for all three systems(Dance or Beat something or another)

7)RPG for the Wii(that would be cool)