IGNORED

*** WOW HEAVY SIXER NEW IN BOX (NIB) ON EBAY FOR $5,100+ ***

Largo2000

I love the 2600,but not enough to pay $3500 + for a heavy 6er,how do we know if its really a heavy 6er if it was NEVER OPENED?I wouldnt want to gamble on something like that!Paying that much for a 2600,IS LUDICRIS,for ME anyway!

Edited by Rik

Geez, I could never imagine a NEW in Box 6'er would go for so much...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Largo.

First off I smell B.S. with this auction and I bet the buyer wont even pay for it and if he does, then I want a word with him because I have a new in the box sixer I will sell to him for just $2500.00 if he is dumb enough to pay for it.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Now some enterprising guy in Taiwan will start reprinting heavy sixer boxes and filling them with bricks. As long as he sells them as factory sealed, no one will ever know.

Seriously, why does a factory sealed box command such a premium over a complete mint in box set? Anybody can hot glue a flap shut. I see this all the time on eBay and it drives me nuts.

Now some enterprising guy in Taiwan will start reprinting heavy sixer boxes and filling them with bricks. As long as he sells them as factory sealed, no one will ever know.

Seriously, why does a factory sealed box command such a premium over a complete mint in box set? Anybody can hot glue a flap shut. I see this all the time on eBay and it drives me nuts.

believe me you can tell the diff. I've been ripped before on a *sealed* unit, I inspect the crap outta them. I have 3 sealed boxes now, one a heavy sixer, chess piece on the front, and gray/silver lettering instead of white! Mine has apparently shot up in value :cool: And there's no doubt in my mind it's sealed, no creases on any flaps and tight. I think this is becoming a new market.

Allright. I agree.

This title sux.

As a newbie, I was not aware that this might not be a sixter inside... (good thing I did not bid :D ). At that price anyway, I would have to sell my car and maybe the house too...

So now, the question remains: what is a fair value for a legit NIB 6 switch unit? $5,100?

No way to tell if a sixter or not I guess... why no weight the box and unit? - there should be a difference in weight?

- Largo

Its heavy 'sixer' okay -- not heavy 'sixter' like you've been posting. No disrespect intended, just wanted to let you know.

On this one its probably a heavy-sixer, they did weigh it and there's no serial number on the box which would seem to indicate that it is. It may be a taiwan unit though, as its in the later box w/out chess piece. Still not worth anywhere near $5k IMO.

Edited by Prodos8

Its 'sixer' okay -- not 'sixter' like you've been posting. No disrespect intended, just wanted to let you know.

On this one its probably a sixer, they did weigh it and there's no serial number on the box which would seem to indicate that it is. It may be a taiwan unit though, as its in the later box w/out chess piece. Still not worth anywhere near $5k IMO.

Sorry Prodos. I apologize for the confusion.

I am a newbie to the 2600 world. I was not born back then... :D

Hence, from now: sixer...!

Seriously, I gotta buy mine so I am looking around. I now have all in box (colecovision, Nes Deluxe, SNES, N64, PSOne, PS2, Xbox, GC). However, the "sixer" is the one that offers the most "collectible" value in my eyes...

Especially a sixer in box...

So, what do you think is a FAIR price for something in that auction?

- Largo